New barrel time ?

For the last several years I've been using E.R.Shaw barrels. They have produced top notch accuracy. Last one was in 2018. Stainless 24" including installation was about $400 . Your choice of length up to 26". I have barrels I've paid considerable more for but see no difference in accuracy. All are 416 stainless.
I have heard of Shaw. $400 including installation sounds awesome ! I just had a MGM 6.5 PRC 1 in. Full bull 27 in. Stainless w/integral m/b for my Encore that was $525!
That included a 5 screw picatinney mount also. Just sent in to get spiral fluted to shave 10 oz. off the beast ! Fluting and polish another $120 ...
Thanks Hespco !

That depends on the Smith you pick.
5R, I've never saw a difference between 4, 5 or 6 on bigger calibers that being said I do like 3G better in 17, 20 and 22 cal.
A good barrel is a good barrel. If your in a hurry get one from a name brand that your looking for and bugholes is a good place to start.
I'm not in a hurry. Who is bugholes ? A seller ? I have to watch my $ for awhile. In a Term Lineman for AT&T. My 3 year term is up in Sept.. Talk is terming us out in July. Im selling house and moving to Wy. or Id.. Maybe Mt.. Done with Corruptafornia.
Thanks L.Sherm !!!

Southern Precision rifles is bugholes.
Sometimes if you call Rock Creek you can get one quicker if you catch them on the run of what you want.

Southern Precision rifles is bugholes.
Sometimes if you call Rock Creek you can get one quicker if you catch them on the run of what you want.
In my thinking it would be easier to have it installed the same place you buy the barrel from . Do you think so ? Thanks for the clarification on bugholes :)

In my thinking it would be easier to have it installed the same place you buy the barrel from . Do you think so ? Thanks for the clarification on bugholes :)
I've never done it that way, but theres some people like pac- nor for that. I know Hart and I think Shilen does to.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.