Need Help Getting Started

Frankie_2_Times

I've finally decided that its time for me to get into reloading. What I know about reloading isn't much, so I'll be asking alot of questions... and hopefully not too many dumb ones.

First, looking for suggestions on a good video and reference manuals on how to get started. For lack of a better phrase, I'm a reloading moron. So instructional videos need to be geared for beginners.

I've decided to purchase the Rock Chucker Master Supreme Kit. I've heard that the scale leaves something to be desired and I'll also need a trimmer. Any suggestions on replacements/upgrades? Besides brass, powder, primers and bullets, what else will I need to get started? I'll be loading 300 RUMs, so suggestions on powders and the like are appreciated.

Thanks in advance for helping get started.

F2T

Not sure on the videos, but the Speer manual that comes with the kit and the Nosler manual both have excellent sections on starting out. Just read them over a couple of times and you'll have the basics.

The scale that comes with the kit is ok, not blindingly fast but ok. I'd suggest a good set of calipers and a Stoney Point bullet comparator. These help tons in producing consistent ammo.

For the 300 RUM I think I'd try Retumbo, RE-25 or H1000 first, in that order.(based on reading not actual experience.)

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.