My Woke Sheriff’s Office

I thought of that tv show last night but couldn't remember the name. Maybe subconsciously I really didn't want to. I'd like to go further but I'm........well you understand.

I know a few of the county guys and they are great! One deputy mows the field behind my place with a couple of the guys from county lockup. He texts me when they are coming and if I'm home I'll fire up the grill and make them lunch. All good guys, even the inmates! Most were disorderly or DUI and Lord knows we all have screwed up.

Only reason I posted the pic was I see a great deal of irony in the fact that cops in general are beat on day in and day out! Called names, said they need to be defunded, and for the most part thought of as second class……until you want them to parade around flashing your latest crusade for some gaslighting BS that means nothing to anyone.

I know there are bad apples out there, but there are in every walk of life. I think most cops do the job for noble reasons. They have family depending on them and can't simply throw in the towel when some woke politicians see an opportunity to use them like a sandwich board to push the latest agenda. So they keep their heads down and keep on doing what they do for the pay of a garbage man and the opportunity to get shot serving a warrant to some jacked up meth head in a trailer park. God bless them!

In their defense... they were the only flag that was able to conquer the red white and blue. Didn't think that was the group capable of doing it... but walking around in June, and looking at the pics of city buildings and the white house.... were a conquered people.
Somehow I don't see it that way. That is if I'm understanding what you mean.

Somehow I don't see it that way. That is if I'm understanding what you mean.
What I'm thinking is ought to play their game. Get the A.F.L.C.I.O to represent us in a very drawn out court case saying that this is infringing on our rights. There's probably at least 2 or 3 amendments that can be bent to be used to our advantage and draw this stuff out. If I'm offending anyone, I can't say that I'm sorry. My Pop never taught me to lie!

I respect and appreciate the L.E.O. Community and what they do for us on a daily basis. So, I am giving this instance the benefit of the doubt in which they might be expressing a different version. Such as:

The true meaning of the rainbow is found in Genesis 9:13. "I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth."

What has this world come to? How has all of this stupidity become so rampant?

Unsocial media. Infiltration of the school systems. Daniel Goleman wrote a book called Social Intelligence. He predicted this to some extent. It was written when iPod's were a thing. He talked about young people walking down a crowded street with the earbuds in that were oblivious to the people around them. The eyes, ears, and sense of touch are the sensors that feed the brain. Young kids don't get the correct inputs today.

They don't get outside enough, if any at all. Thankfully there are parents that guide their kids still out there but we don't get to see them on the news (that I don't ever watch).

Every "team" has to choose a side. These days that side seems to be the weakest. Every team has to win. Every team gets a trophy. This has infected politics, corporations, schools, etc. Think about this- a seemingly large part of a generation is raising their children to believe things that are impossible. For instance, there are more than two genders? Nope, there aren't. I don't believe it's as large of a group as unsocial media would have us believe it is btw. Those kids, if they survive their parent's incompetence, will raise kids of their own. O M G

If it saves just one life and late term abortion "rights" is an example of the state of confusion some people are in because of what they ingest on unsocial media. Note that I'm not placing anyone into a political category here. Ever seen sheep, hogs, or cows herded into the pen outside of the killing floor? They just walk right in, a little unsure of where they are going but the food light in their brain is probably lit up. I know plenty of people that are not aligned with me politically that are not batsh*t crazy. I know plenty that are. And I've watched a few intelligent friends of my kids grow into their 30's and morph into buying the nonsensical bs that's all over the ticky-tocky, faceplace, unsocial sites. They were raised right but the power of propaganda is real and in use today.

Yup....I would quit my job and work for another department before I wore that Sheriff placard.

If that group of people want to fly their flag, whatever, have at it, your free to do so. But government need not get involved, it's not their place to endorse it.
Absolutely right. The rainbow flag has no business being on that uniform, same as the nazi flag.

I totally respect the very tough job that LEOs have to undertake.

But the fact that this officer willingly wore that shirt is very worrisome to me. What other orders will he/they carry out? Confiscate all guns? No knock warrants? Traffic stops without truly having probably cause just because they are profiling? No refusal blood draws? The list goes on as far as questionable "orders given" in todays world.

Any response that is based on "because it is a law" is missing my point. "Because it is a law" is exactly my point, some person in charge (like this sheriff that ordered these shirts) decided that was a good idea no matter the ramifications to right and good. Everyone has to accept "personal responsibility" for their actions, no matter if is carrying out "a legal order" or not. Lots of "legal orders" given and carried out under Hitlers reign. Didn't make it right then, won't make it right now. Not saying our nation is there now, but we are headed down a very slippery slope.

The reality is that this officer had a choice, wear the shirt or not. He will have that same choice for all other "orders given". IMO, pretty clear which side of that answer this particular LEO would fall.

Sorry, rant over.

Me? I would have asked to sit down to understand why this was in his back in a very polite civil dialogue. We know nothing until we engage in polite civil dialogue. I would discuss my family heritage in law enforcement as PC's in several communities. I would hope it would be civil and positive and provide better understanding why.

I can remember the days when officers had to fight just to wear an American flag patch on their uniform or hat. This rainbow silliness has gone too far.

Why do we honor American vets for a single day (Veterans Day), and those that made the ultimate sacrifice for our country (Memorial Day), but the LGBTQRST+7 crowd gets a MONTH of celebration?

I can remember the days when officers had to fight just to wear an American flag patch on their uniform or hat. This rainbow silliness has gone too far.

Why do we honor American vets for a single day (Veterans Day), and those that made the ultimate sacrifice for our country (Memorial Day), but the LGBTQRST+7 crowd gets a MONTH of celebration?
Agree 100%, burn an American flag, it's no big deal anymore, burn one of the creepshow flags, and you're doing jail time for a hate crime. Close to half of this Nation has lost their ever-loving reprobate minds, if they still have one. Just my 0.2 Cheers

Recent Posts