My New Defensive Edge LRKM

Yobuck, I use a RCBS Charge master and a Brass prep station. Presses are Redding T-7's and I love them. I use the Redding competition 3 die bushing sets for dies.

The case is off of a 338 Lapua, reduced taper and increased shoulder angle as well as the shoulder moved forward a bit. No loss of neck length though. Pumps it up to about 124 gr capacity. That and the new Defensive Edge +P design throat makes it a pretty sweet .338. It is what I choose over all of them anyway.

Jeff

Jeff,

Get off the computer and sling some lead downrange, would ya? ;) We all want to see what that thing can do! :)

Jeff,

Get off the computer and sling some lead downrange, would ya? ;) We all want to see what that thing can do! :)

Looking for a pound of unique to fire form with.:rolleyes: Then off to another job I took on that I will be working on tonight and all weekend. Darn work is getting in the way bad!!

jeff

thats
Yobuck, I use a RCBS Charge master and a Brass prep station. Presses are Redding T-7's and I love them. I use the Redding competition 3 die bushing sets for dies.

The case is off of a 338 Lapua, reduced taper and increased shoulder angle as well as the shoulder moved forward a bit. No loss of neck length though. Pumps it up to about 124 gr capacity. That and the new Defensive Edge +P design throat makes it a pretty sweet .338. It is what I choose over all of them anyway.

Jeff

thats interesting. i also have a redding turret and a redding boss.
i had to buy an rcbs ammo master to handle the dies for my gun.
the instructions i received were to load 1 round starting at 132 gr bmg50
and increase each single round by 1 grain till the chrony said 3200.
then start playing with loads. my barrel is 34" and it seems im not gaining much after 137 gr.
yours will be interesting to watch.

thats

thats interesting. i also have a redding turret and a redding boss.
i had to buy an rcbs ammo master to handle the dies for my gun.
the instructions i received were to load 1 round starting at 132 gr bmg50
and increase each single round by 1 grain till the chrony said 3200.
then start playing with loads. my barrel is 34" and it seems im not gaining much after 137 gr.
yours will be interesting to watch.

youbuck, what chambering are you referring to?

Jeff, what is the length of a formed case and what is your OAL with a loaded 300gr Berger touching?

Thanks
Bryan

That is one, VERY, fine looking weapon you have!!!!

It's a good thing it doesn't register how many times I've looked at your LRKM because if it did, you'd think I was a stalker. I feel like a moth being drawn to a light bulb. ****, that thing is badazz!!! I need to stop looking, I'm starting to develop gun envy and the only cure, I can't afford.

Jeff, that is a fine looking rifle. Happy for you that the wait is over, looking forward to your progress reports. I only have one question, is it legal to kill a bull in Wy, while shooting from Mt. :D:D:Dgun)

Oh man. Been watching very closely on here for broz to get his hands on his new gun! Can't wait to watch u wring it out and see your results. Good looking setup. Thanks for your effort you put into posting on here.

Like everyone else already said... congrats on the new toy! That is some kind of serious tool for long range work. I can't wait to see what the range time and pictures reveal. :D

I am trying to make up my mine on next build the switch barrel Desert Tactical arms SRS in 338 inp. with a 30 or 32 in barrel and a 300 win. 29 in barrel or the LRKM 338 inp. +P Teriminator. I realy like the idea of a switch barrell. I wish the LRKM WAS A SWITCH BARREL.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.