LRKM to almost 3K

Went out to my range today to do a final check on some drops and my ballistic app. Started off with steel at 965. Put a nice 3 shot group dead nutz for elevation and 3" left of point of aim. Then sent one to 511 yds and it was spot on. 1122 yards put two on top each other right in the money. I was feeling pretty good and wind was light with a full value of 3 to 5 mph. So I let the rifle sit out and cool completely along with ammo, then went for a target on a rock at 1785 yards. Aim point was 8 to 9". First shot cold bore right on the right edge, second shot dead nutz, third shot top edge. So 3 shots into 3/4 moa or less, and all within less than 1/2 moa of point of aim. I am feeling pretty good about my LRKM and hunting season right now. I think we are ready.

Jeff

Went out to my range today to do a final check on some drops and my ballistic app. Started off with steel at 965. Put a nice 3 shot group dead nutz for elevation and 3" left of point of aim. Then sent one to 511 yds and it was spot on. 1122 yards put two on top each other right in the money. I was feeling pretty good and wind was light with a full value of 3 to 5 mph. So I let the rifle sit out and cool completely along with ammo, then went for a target on a rock at 1785 yards. Aim point was 8 to 9". First shot cold bore right on the right edge, second shot dead nutz, third shot top edge. So 3 shots into 3/4 moa or less, and all within less than 1/2 moa of point of aim. I am feeling pretty good about my LRKM and hunting season right now. I think we are ready.

Jeff
The more you talk about your LRKM the more excited I get thinking about getting one! Nice shooting!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.