My hunting E-MTB "system"

Litehiker

OK, so I purchased an E-CELLS Super Monarch Crown E-MTB for hunting in Nevada.
The company is based in Pahrump Nevada about 60 miles from my home un Henderson, NV.

THE BIKE: Nice to have the company HQ that close but the big reason I chose E-CELLS is the great value I have in this bike compared to ANY other 2 wheel drive E-MTB on the market. (currently $5,100.)
That means -> 2 wheel drive, 2 batteries, dual suspension, fenders, racks and 9 (nine) levels of torque sensing pedal assist, Samsung batteries, Shimano Deore gear set, Rok Shox suspension and many more features not found on direct competitors.
400 pound load capacity including me and my gear. My rifle is in a padded cloth case carried diagonally across my back. It's the best way to protect it I could devise. Handlebar carriers bounce the he!! out of the scope.

THE CHARGING SYSTEM: 1.) BLUETTI AC200 MAX lithium iron phosphate power center. This newer battery composition results in 3,200 charge/discharge cycles v.s. 480 or so for a Li-ion battery of the same power. ($1,500. direct from BLUETTI)
2.) Off Grid TREK 220 watt solar "blanket" to charge the BLUETTI power center. ($1,700. direct from OGT in Canada) This blanket cable locks to the roof rack of my MAZDA CX-5 SUV and charges the BLUETTI in the trunk during the day. It's the smallest blanket for that output and the highest quality with SunPower flexible solar panels. Weight-> 13 lbs. Folded size 4" high and the area of a large laptop computer.

This system runs my IGLOO cooler during the day and in the late afternoon when I return from hunting it charges my e-bike.
Much better, lighter and more compact system than a Honda generator and gas cans to fuel it. Also good for home power outages (my excuse to my wife for this outrageous expenditure).

So yeah, kinda spendy but hey, kind of a "prepper" setup too. I'm using this system for the first time this September on an antelope hunt in north central Nevada. I'll post a report when I return. "fingers crossed"

What is your car camping E-MTB setup?

Last edited:
Personally, I don't care for E anything. I do like the idea, but whatever you get is a hazard when charging. I have 3 vehicles and they all have a place in the garage. I would never think about charging an E vehicle in the garage.

There are not enough charging stations around to make it worthwhile for a road trip. My neighbor as the Mustang and Tesla. When on a trip, they can drive about 2 hours (+-) before they have to charge.

While charging, you loose travel time on the road. Also, sometime down the road the battery has to be replaced which is at a significant cost. Plus you'll have to pay for the disposal of the battery as you do on tires now.

Again, I do like the idea, but it is not ready to go mainstream yet.

My rant could go on longer with harsher wording, but I'll stop now.

Thanks for listening.

Personally, I don't care for E anything. I do like the idea, but whatever you get is a hazard when charging. I have 3 vehicles and they all have a place in the garage. I would never think about charging an E vehicle in the garage.

There are not enough charging stations around to make it worthwhile for a road trip. My neighbor as the Mustang and Tesla. When on a trip, they can drive about 2 hours (+-) before they have to charge.

While charging, you loose travel time on the road. Also, sometime down the road the battery has to be replaced which is at a significant cost. Plus you'll have to pay for the disposal of the battery as you do on tires now.

Again, I do like the idea, but it is not ready to go mainstream yet.

My rant could go on longer with harsher wording, but I'll stop now.

Thanks for listening.
I am not a fan of electric cars/trucks. The batteries like on bikes really not much different that hand tools. You couldn't charge an ebike at a car station anyway. You are off on a different rant.

Thanks "338Dude", I appreciate the links on the Feds thinking and regs.regarding e-bikes.
As with all new technologies the laws will catch up - AND become more expensive, naturally.

As for you Luddites who don't like any electric transportation you may continue to use your noisy stink mobiles of course. I charge my bike outdoors and monitor the charge on the bike's information screen. When it gets to 95% I unplug the charger. LITHIUM RELATED BATTERY FIRES RESULT FROM OVERCHARGING LITHIUM BATTERIES.

BTW, my BLUETTI AC200 MAX power center is lithium iron phosphate (Li Fe Po4) and is not the fire hazard that Lithium-ion batteries are. Plus they get a few thousand more charge-discharge cycles than lithium-ion batteries do.
Soon I'll have a charger that is adjustable to the % of charge I want. Then there will be no overcharging danger plus the batteries will last longer when limited to an 80% to 90% charge level, same as your cell phone.

In this new e-powered world some edumacation is necessary, just like knowing when a check engine light code means limp home or stop right now and call a tow before severe damage is done.
As for me, an e-mountain bike is like a magic carpet.

Last edited:
I just bought one, excited to work on getting it configured for next years archery season.

See the QuietKat thread on Rokslide there is a 65% off code on a few select models.

It'll be interesting to see if/when that document leads to any changes. I know the local land managers here (USFS and BLM) just finished their latest travel management plans. Making any changes won't happen until they go through the process for their next travel management plan, which is a very slow and time consuming process. Before they have any interest in opening up more trails to motorized recreation (75% of our trails are already opened to motorized), they first have to finish lining every camp spot and road out there with boulders to keep the morons from driving out across the landscape. 10 years ago their focus was to create more recreational opportunities (trails). Now, their focus is to reign in the motorized free for all crowd that seem to think it's their right to do whatever they want on public land. Seems to be a lot of them moving to Idaho these days.....

But it does have a motor.
True, but i could see laws evolving similar to some lakes that do not allow internal combustion motors but allow electric motors. i would like to at least see pedal assist become acceptable wherever bicycles are approved even if straight throttle is not initially allowed. i'm not sure how access differs in different areas that allow bicycles and if there are all trails or if people can simply ride through the woods. i know where i have hunted i would have to stay on trails/roads unless i wanted to get off the bike constantly and i personally feel like a road that allows bikes will not have any more wear with an e-bike.