Muzzle brakes I don't care how loud

Lol same here all mine are breaked even my .223. I actually had a smith try and persuade me I didn't need a break on a .243. When I told him I have them on my .223 and 6x45 he laughed. I said I like it cause I can spot my own shots. Plus I don't care how loud it is I always wear my plugs. Even hunting I wear my sounds gear. So noise doesn't matter. Not gonna lie for small caliber I just use cheap slab breaks or round from Amazon.

Me too Brother! I don't care what anyone thinks...I like calling my shots and seeing the PD's explode! Maybe it is louder...so what?? A rifle shot is loud any way you look at it...I don't think a brake is going to make a difference to the PD's especially when you buddy is shooting too.

I have one on my 7mmRM as well. I don't like recoil and using a brake helps allot.

Me too Brother! I don't care what anyone thinks...I like calling my shots and seeing the PD's explode! Maybe it is louder...so what?? A rifle shot is loud any way you look at it...I don't think a brake is going to make a difference to the PD's especially when you buddy is shooting too.

I have one on my 7mmRM as well. I don't like recoil and using a brake helps allot.

I did a dB "test" with three guys who are not shooters. The environment: I was under an oak tree. One was my dad who was about fifty feet behind me sitting in front of the garage with the doors closed. My uncle was about thirty feet behind and slightly to the side away from the tree and my brother was beside me on the no tree side. I suggested he get a little behind but declined. None of them knew what a muzzle brake was. I asked them to tell me if shot number one or shot number two was louder. I fired it with the brake off for shot number one and then back on for shot number two. All three told me shot number one was louder.

Who would've guessed it?

your rifle looks good . here are a couple pics of mine . black one 300 wby , tan one 338 Lapua.

300 wby , first design . BBL dia approx .550

338 Lapua , beast brake . BBL dia approx .950

I like the looks of that 338. Does the new design seem to be an improvement over the other style? Either way they are tough to beat for the money.

I like the looks of that 338. Does the new design seem to be an improvement over the other style? Either way they are tough to beat for the money.

I really can't tell if one design is better . maybe if they were both for the same rifle I could tell more if one seemed better . both control recoil and muzzle jump very well , and they don't blow dirt . I took radial brakes off both of these rifles . the radial brake on the 300 wby didn't do anything for muzzle jump . the radial on the 338 didn't work to bad for recoil reduction and muzzle jump , but it's a 17 pound rifle too . both of the radial brakes were awful for prone shooting , they blew dirt everywhere , couldn't keep the dirt out of the front lense of the scopes .

Like Rifleman513 I have a couple of BEAST Brakes. If you have not seen the BEAST brake videos on Youtube. I will post the links. His new brakes produce less recoil the the Fat Bastard and are designed to produce less muzzle jump and the best part is they are less than one half the cost of the Fat Bastard brake.

He is also coming out with a new 2 piece self timing brake which will be available next month.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfCk0LiY1gwB-BIdTYWdhcQ

Muzzle Brake testing with my new Beast brake | Shooters' Forum

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.