Muzzle Brake Recommendations

TS customs brake made shooting my wife's 20" 6.5 PRC like a my 6 Creed.

My concern w/ SRS brakes is I can find no details on how it is designed…port angles, size of hole/clearance per caliber, etc

Last edited:
I have a Vais on a 7 RUM, feels like shooting a .243.

Been considering a Gentry for a .338 RUM.

Obviously, "quiet" is a marketing ploy but I'd like to try one.
I am sorry, I mean no disrespect, but Vais and Gentry's Quiet Brake is the least effective of all the muzzle brakes I have owned since 2003. I could not get rid of them fast enough. Unfortunately, I still have a rifle with a Vais Brake; it came with the gun. I am leaving it as-is until it is time for a rebarrel since it will be a target/range gun.

TS customs brake made shooting my wife's 20" 6.5 PRC like a my 6 Creed.

My concern w/ SRS brakes is I can find no details on how it is designed…port angles, size of whole per caliber, etc

Maybe call them and ask them

Kris

I'm looking for a brake that doesn't blast you in the face every time you shoot, but is still effective at reducing recoil.

It's going on a 7.5 lb 7mm rem mag with 1/2x28 threads. I had an APA micro bastard on this rifle for a while. It worked well, but gave me a headache pretty quickly.

Self timing would be a plus.
Any recommendations?
Is this your first use of muzzle brake? You might be sensitive to muzzle blast/concussion. What hearing protection are you using? If you are sensitive to the muzzle blast/concussion, try muzzle brakes with 90-degree ports or at least the one closest to the shooter.

The most budget-friendly you can get in self-timing is

1703982161576.png

Is this your first use of muzzle brake? You might be sensitive to muzzle blast/concussion. What hearing protection are you using? If you are sensitive to the muzzle blast/concussion, try muzzle brakes with 90-degree ports or at least the one closest to the shooter.

The most budget-friendly you can get in self-timing is

View attachment 527335

Thanks for the recommendation...I'll definitely be looking into that.

I have used a handful of brakes in the past. This same rifle had an APA micro bastard on it for a while. It was great at reducing recoil, but it wasn't worth the headache it gave me while working up a load.

I have a weird ear problem that causes me issues, especially with pressures.

I wear muffs.

Thanks for the recommendation...I'll definitely be looking into that.

I have used a handful of brakes in the past. This same rifle had an APA micro bastard on it for a while. It was great at reducing recoil, but it wasn't worth the headache it gave me while working up a load.

I have a weird ear problem that causes me issues, especially with pressures.

I wear muffs.
I figured it was something triggering it. A suppressor might be the solution (I have 3); it is pricey and has a long wait time. It's too bad it is not yet (at least mine) with health insurance. Another options is
1703987707718.png

I am sorry, I mean no disrespect, but Vais and Gentry's Quiet Brake is the least effective of all the muzzle brakes I have owned since 2003. I could not get rid of them fast enough. Unfortunately, I still have a rifle with a Vais Brake; it came with the gun. I am leaving it as-is until it is time for a rebarrel since it will be a target/range gun.
What percent recoil reduction would you credit this design with?

Compared to MagnaPorting and Vais, my 4-port Lil Beast II MBM brake is like another world of effectiveness. It's self-timing and reduced the recoil of my 7mm Rem Mag to about what my AR10 243 Win has. I bought it anticipating a re-barrel to something a bit more zippy. It's completed, but not yet tested.

I like the (seemingly) equitable and repeatable comparison video's MBM performs (his vs all). Sometimes the competition is equal to his, but most times MBM has a better recoil reduction. JMHO....