Looking forward to hunting this guy

445 super mag It would be incredible if you are hunting the same buck that you started out hunting. You said he was big when you started hunting him which means he was probably 4 yrs old. 8 yrs later would put him at 12 yrs old. That's incredibly rare in the wild. Hope you get him before he dies of old age.
Shep
My guy at start was a very nice guess at 2.5 years old. Mine now has to be around 10 years old. He is on decline. But yes its so cool how smart they are at that age

here he is. My apologies to OP if he takes issue of me posting on his thread

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200818-161928_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200818-161928_Photos.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot_20200818-161717_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200818-161717_Photos.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 234
That for sure is a bruiser. He's going to be 180s. And it's your first whitetail. Gonna spoil you if you get him. My grandfather shot a big 10 point for his first deer. He said he wouldn't shoot another unless it was bigger. When he died a few yrs back his count was 1. First deer spoiled him for life.
Shep
Lol it reminds me of my first deer; although I've shot plenty since then. When I was in my mid teens my dad took me hunting for whitetail deer. I seen the most spectacular huge Buck; much the same as the OPs fella. My dad asked me three times if I wanna shoot em. Three times I said yes....BANG!! That's when I learned my most valuable lesson. Be careful where you decided to hunt and shoot your deer. This 14 point 185lb dressed buck was shot down in a deep steep valley with no roads or trails to the bottom. Was the longest hardest working 3hours getting that fella out to the suburban. Today at over 50, I now have that same wisdom and obviously have allowed my kids to learn this lesson too. :)

Lol it reminds me of my first deer; although I've shot plenty since then. When I was in my mid teens my dad took me hunting for whitetail deer. I seen the most spectacular huge Buck; much the same as the OPs fella. My dad asked me three times if I wanna shoot em. Three times I said yes....BANG!! That's when I learned my most valuable lesson. Be careful where you decided to hunt and shoot your deer. This 14 point 185lb dressed buck was shot down in a deep steep valley with no roads or trails to the bottom. Was the longest hardest working 3hours getting that fella out to the suburban. Today at over 50, I now have that same wisdom and obviously have allowed my kids to learn this lesson too. :)

No matter where he is on our land, I'll be able to drive the rzr right up to him if I manage to find him during the season. We live on the plains of Colorado, not much for dark holes or steep hills. Plus I'm used to packing elk out miles on my back so this guy will be a blessing all the way around if I can get him down. I actually like the work side of hunting. I feel like I earn it more that way. đź‘Ť

If I shot a buck that big I would drag it from the depths of hell. I would definitely call several friends but I would get it done. To me that would be a buck of a lifetime. I hunt the most pressured state in the country and not to many bucks like that here.
Shep

If I shot a buck that big I would drag it from the depths of hell. I would definitely call several friends but I would get it done. To me that would be a buck of a lifetime. I hunt the most pressured state in the country and not to many bucks like that here.
Shep
A Welder, Stan Verbeck, Philipsberg, created "The Buck Buggy", a game cart. That was the first one I ever heard of. I didn't get one of those but I bought a game cart from Cabela's early 2000's .
Wouldn't be without it !!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.