• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Looking for a barreled action

SamuelBerryhill308

I'm looking for a 308 win ,30-06,300 wsm or 300 win mag barreled action to use on my first semi custom build.may consider a 260 rem,6.5x284 or 7mm mag 280 or 280ai ,284 win as well just let me know what you have thanks

Last edited:
If you buy a Remington 700 make sure you handle it in person and check to make sure it has good primary extraction. The last 2 I bought didn't have any and I had to learn another lesson the hard way. one of them was built into a custom rifle and had to have the bolt handle timed and rewelded on which was a bit of a pain, and an unnecessary expense.

If you buy a Remington 700 make sure you handle it in person and check to make sure it has good primary extraction. The last 2 I bought didn't have any and I had to learn another lesson the hard way. one of them was built into a custom rifle and had to have the bolt handle timed and rewelded on which was a bit of a pain, and an unnecessary expense.
Okay thanks for letting me know.ive only had 2 remington 700 one was my fd old 270 and other was a sps tactical in 308

I'm looking for a 308 win ,30-06,300 wsm or 300 win mag barreled action to use on my first semi custom build.may consider a 260 rem or 7mm mag as well just let me know what you have thanks
Depends on your definition of 'semi custom'. If you are just going to add a stock then OK, but changing barrels etc then I would not go that route. Using a factory action you will more than likely have to have it trued or you run the risk of it not shooting to your expectations. The cost of purchase and Smith work will not be that less than a custom purchase. Just my opinion through experience.

Depends on your definition of 'semi custom'. If you are just going to add a stock then OK, but changing barrels etc then I would not go that route. Using a factory action you will more than likely have to have it trued or you run the risk of it not shooting to your expectations. The cost of purchase and Smith work will not be that less than a custom purchase. Just my opinion through experience.
Okay thank you.my plan was to buy a stock and trigger and bed it and add a wyatt's extended mag box and floor plate if I purchased a factory rifle and shoot it for awhile then rebarrel in couple years.figured it up from what I've seen online a custom cost near 4 to 5 grand unless I'm missing something there but that's still more than my truck cost lol.i did also figure what a factory remington action with hart or Krieger bruxs barrel and muzzle brake then a hs stock and timney trigger it was going to run around 1500 not counting smith work.then I would need around a grand for a good leupold. if I was going to spend the much plus smith work I'd just buy a Christenson arms.if I could do it cheaper than that I would just do a custom.ive called our local smith and I cant ever get ahold of them.

Okay thank you.my plan was to buy a stock and trigger and bed it and add a wyatt's extended mag box and floor plate if I purchased a factory rifle and shoot it for awhile then rebarrel in couple years.figured it up from what I've seen online a custom cost near 4 to 5 grand unless I'm missing something there but that's still more than my truck cost lol.i did also figure what a factory remington action with hart or Krieger bruxs barrel and muzzle brake then a hs stock and timney trigger it was going to run around 1500 not counting smith work.then I would need around a grand for a good leupold. if I was going to spend the much plus smith work I'd just buy a Christenson arms.if I could do it cheaper than that I would just do a custom.ive called our local smith and I cant ever get ahold of them.
Plainfield Precision in Shelby, NC. The best local Smith in the area.

order up one of the new springfield rifles if you stay stainless and non adjustable stock very cheap for what you would get and I would like to hear a report I bet they will a very fine rifle