Let's get this party started!

Hello Hank, hope all is well and your wolf hunting has been going well! I spoke to you last December about the wolves and my offer still stands if you'd like a hunting partner to help clear out a few extra mutts.

Let me know.. I've been trying to track down a few of our packs up here but as you know they don't ever stay in one area for more then a few days.

Eric

Hello Hank, hope all is well and your wolf hunting has been going well! I spoke to you last December about the wolves and my offer still stands if you'd like a hunting partner to help clear out a few extra mutts.

Let me know.. I've been trying to track down a few of our packs up here but as you know they don't ever stay in one area for more then a few days.

Eric

They don't even hang around for a few minutes! They are always moving, typically at a trot around here.
It is great that your offer to come hunting with me still stands.
My offer to everyone is, come hunt wolves! It's not like shooting fish in a barrel, it's more like finding a needle on a mountain! However, if there is snow that wolf does leave tracks, and somewhere at the end of the tracks is a wolf if you are tough enough to go that far. They are just a horse ride away.

They don't even hang around for a few minutes! They are always moving, typically at a trot around here.
It is great that your offer to come hunting with me still stands.
My offer to everyone is, come hunt wolves! It's not like shooting fish in a barrel, it's more like finding a needle on a mountain! However, if there is snow that wolf does leave tracks, and somewhere at the end of the tracks is a wolf if you are tough enough to go that far. They are just a horse ride away.

Let me know when you want to go once we have some of that white stuff on the ground and we will see about doing some thinning.

3s is like Fight Club.

I will be out in full force this winter as well. Although shooting a wolf with a bow is about as good as it gets I want to let the thunder stick sing a song as well. Around our neck of the woods the wolves move a lot too but stick to a spot for a couple of days if dinner is available.

Well rumor has it we are all of a sudden having wolves show up! This one was killed at 375 yards standing facing me. I saw this one and a black one from my house. I drove like a mad man! We caught two packs kicking each other's butt. We had wolves in 7 drainages that morning! Ya right, and they say we have one pack from YNP to Livingston MT.
I located them, got in place and howled this one in. It was shot with a 243 95gr SMK at 3220fps MV. No bullet exit which was a first with this bullet, wolf went about 40 yards. It was a big male, 90 pounds and fat!
I almost killed a black one at 400 yards but after 2 hours of howling back and forth and the wolf getting closer I got screwed by another hunter that moved to find another bunch of wolves near by and the black one was sitting right there under a tree! They are hard to see unless they move! And there voice always always sounds further away then it is!
This is how we party!
Another member of this forum took a bad ask photo the next day, of some dogs! We miss calculated and thought they would bed down but they kept going! We did not get to hear the LRMK bark, so the dogs won!
If he does not chime in I will post the picture later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 113
This was a female about 80-85 pounds.this hunter is over 6 foot tall. This one took two shots from a 264wm 140 berger target bullet 3100fps MV no bullet exit.
These wolves were located but I (whom has been sitting on my ask for a month) got a service call and could not go hunting! It was a situation where, if all went perfectly, we could have killed the whole pack with two guns!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 113
I am still hard at it but this weather makes it tough! Lots of glassing, fuel, and wore out a pair of boots just Yesterday! Blew the side out of hiking boots for a **** mutt! Must be the lack of snow to cool that leather down, because I have been keeping the foot leather HOT!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.