Len's Grand Canyon, solo Rim 2 Rim 2 Rim backpacking trip - April 2022

On the drive home from Grand Canyon I received an email saying my Glacier National Park backcountry application was approved for a permit in mid September.

Northern Loop as follows:

Screenshot (20).png

That's a great hike! In 1988 I did the same rim to rim to rim in a day, walking uphill and running the downhill. I could barely walk for 2 days afterwards lol. I was 28 years old at the time, now my knees have a hard time on the downhill too
I saw a number of you young crazies doing it as a dayhike. Amazing guts and conditioning.

I am 76.

Lucky that my knees are actually better now than when I was 28.

Absolutely spectacular photos. Sounds like a really cool trip.

I was only able to go a few places when I went in 2018. Always wondered what it would be like to go into those areas you went, now I know and thank you for sharing.

Absolutely spectacular photos. Sounds like a really cool trip.

I was only able to go a few places when I went in 2018. Always wondered what it would be like to go into those areas you went, now I know and thank you for sharing.
My first Grand Canyon hike was North Rim to S rim with @Litehiker in 2017.

Since then it seems my appreciation for GC has grown each trip I take.

In February I plan to do a 32 mile loop on the Hermit-Tonto-Boucher Trails camping on the Colorado River @ Granite, Hermit and Bouchert Rapids.

Screenshot_20220428-070447_Facebook.jpg

Going downhill almost 5,000 feet to the river in one very steep stretch is very hard on my knees so I take it rather slow...which makes the photographing more relaxed.

View attachment 361474

View attachment 361473

View attachment 361475

View attachment 361476

View attachment 361477

View attachment 361478

A favorite beach stop for many rafters.
I've done that three times as a much younger man. I graduated from High School in Flagstaff Arizona 80 miles south of the Grand Canyon. Nice photos!!

Beautiful, rugged, wild country.
Thanks for the photos on your hike.

I imagine Glacier will be just as beautiful in different ways, and even more steep maybe.

Recent Posts