JLK seating depth question

JARHEAD1371

If this has been covered before, I apologize for repeating but my searching has turned up very little.

How sensitive are the JLK VLD bullets to seating depth? I am looking at shooting the 140 gr over the 140 Hybrids out of a 6.5 SAUM. The rifle will be mag fed so I won't be able to chase the lands very far. Thanks for any info.

None of it is predictable. Pick a bullet & do the full seating testing procedure as Berger has provided here. If it turns out best seating is off the lands, then you need not worry about land movement, as this does not affect best OTL seating.
If best seating puts COAL beyond your mag limitation, then you'll have to choose -accuracy, or magazine fed.
But the only thing I know of more powerful than accuracy is a shotgun.

I use the JLK 142gr and 140gr in my 6.5x284's. They are identical in performance and BC. I seat them at .075" off the lands for .25MOA accuracy. They behave similarly to the 140 VLD Bergers in terms of seating depth behavior. They use the same J4 jackets but produce slightly higher BC's .323 vs .313 for the Betgers. Terminal performance on a couple of dozen mulies, whitetails, and antelope,has been excellent out to 1000+ yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.