It Fell Where?

Muddyboots

Thought it would be fun to share some of the weirdest places where your game dropped. This is on a farm in Indiana where my son said use his stand since "I can't get into trouble there."! This bow kill 2 weeks before complete reconstruction surgery in right shoulder. Hurt like dickens to pull bow back at 60 lbs. I had to call son at his job for help. I went down into ditch to place rope on it then couldn't get out since slippery clay. Son had to pull me up first.
😂

So let's see those OMG places!
756B1306-CB3C-4811-8753-9734730F2E96.jpeg

I don't have any good ones that happened to me. My grandpa had a good one though. He shot a big 8 point buck with a .308 that did a death run into a large forked birch tree. The buck's shoulders stopped at the trunks and it slid down. It took three guys to get it out of the tree crotch. He talked about that one for years. Miss his stories.

Shot a raghorn bull elk at 10yds with arrow...it went 20yds(to other side of old cat road) and fell in a hole that a windfall tree had made....that was a pain getting him out of there....but after gutting and rolling him down a hill...took a while to get him out of a tree he landed in while rolling down that steep hill......

And Muddy....why do you only shoot 'half deer'.....or is that your floating decoy....

I had a buck I shot with my bow try to swim across a pond only to die halfway across. That one was easy to find. Had buddy kill a buck with a bow that jumped in the river before dying. That one took us using a canoe to paddle 1/2 mile downstream til we found it in a logjam in the middle of the river.

@26Reload :
So here is "other half"!😂 2 weeks later had all 4 rotator tendons reattached, bicep tendon reattached, torn labrum repaired, bone cysts filled and bone spurs. Other than that, it was fine. Crazy I could still pull bow but dang the pain was almost too much. It was 27 degrees but my hat was soaking wet with pain sweat. My surgeon just laughed and said "crazy deer hunters"!

D050E004-BBF3-4900-9FC7-521B11744CF6.jpeg

40 odd years ago my brother shot a doe Whitetail right at last light in northern Minnesota. The bullet struck a tree on the way to the deer but still made good contact, just too far back. The deer was shot on private, huntable land. We ended up tracking the deer into the neighbors back yard where it lay down 20 yards from their living room picture window. It was completely dark by this point. Our friend who was hunting with us and owned the land the deer was shot on, crawled up to the deer while we watched the neighbors eating dinner and watching TV in the living room. My friend proceeded to tackle the deer and slit its throat while he kept it pinned down. All this with snow on the ground. It continued to snow the rest of the night and into the next day. We never heard a word from the neighbor(NO TRESPASSING and ABSOLUTELY NO HUNTING) kind of guy. The fresh snow apparently covered up the blood bath in the back yard sufficiently to go unnoticed.

Thought it would be fun to share some of the weirdest places where your game dropped. This is on a farm in Indiana where my son said use his stand since "I can't get into trouble there."! This bow kill 2 weeks before complete reconstruction surgery in right shoulder. Hurt like dickens to pull bow back at 60 lbs. I had to call son at his job for help. I went down into ditch to place rope on it then couldn't get out since slippery clay. Son had to pull me up first.
😂

So let's see those OMG places!
06C5BE16-7A3F-4C35-8A2C-FB6F38FF66E9.jpeg
Killed himself. 🙄

My dad was walking on a drive and took a shot at a doe as it turned to head into the woods. When he went to look for blood he found it with its head wedged 3 feet off the ground and it's body past where the head was. Turned out he killed it on the run and as it fell into the woods it's head got stuck while the body kept going.

Muddy,

While it may not be completely in the spirit of the thread that you have created here, I wanted to add a positive flip-side to the same coin on where our animals may go down.

I am including a picture of my middle son, which I had an opportunity to go on a doe hunt with last week.

I posted this in the "Youth hunting" thread but I figured it deserved a re-post here, as I have hunted a good amount over the past many decades and never had 2 animals down pretty dang near side-by-side!

Oh, and by the way, it turned into a gorgeous, bright, sunny day without a stitch of wind. Pretty unusual for late October in the Rockies!

(https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/youth-hunting-part-1-the-smiles-the-memories.279798/ - post #150 in that thread)

Will pointing.jpg

My son pointing at both deer on the ground, roughly 12-15 yards apart. - Shot 19 minutes apart