Help! Where to combo hunt w/dad (62)

Harvman

All,
OK, here's the deal. I have a great friend that is deploying again to a combat zone, and he asked me to help him find a hunt for his dad and him... Did i mention its for next year.

Parameters:
2015 hunt with combo animals... Elk/ antelope or muley's
Friend is 30 - great shape - no special needs
Dad is 62 - office rat - not in any shape and 20# over- needs more than son, willing to work on but not a marathon-er
Outfitted hunt so they don't have to worry about logistics.
Will pay reasonably priced hunt.
Both would pull their weight in camp...friend more than dad because he's that way.
Both not really trained/ practiced for shots over 400 yds

Who have you hunted with or who would you recommend. He seen or heard about Elkhorn outfitters out of Craig, CO...any body know about them? Wyoming outfitters, Montana?

Some how I became an expert on outfitters out west because I prairie dog hunt, and have elk hunted a couple of times. Elk camps were high country pack ins, way more physical than his dad would be able to do!

Please help
Harvman

I'd be looking at landowner vouchers in NM, CO, or UT since many states will take a number of PPs to do a good hunt that quickly if you wanted to go through a draw. There should be plenty of places at all kinds of prices depending on how much you want to spend on the hunt. CO also has the Ranching for Wildlife program where ones participating in it can set up their own seasons and hunts. Those can also be pretty expensive depending on how big of an animal you're looking at taking.

Check out Shayne Ford owner of High Country Outfitters in Utah.Great people with a lot of real quality elk.I drew my tag but their are also CMU tags available.
He also does mule deer hunts and I am sure they are great also!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.