Irresponsible bullet manufacturers

It burns my butt that if I spend my money to buy bullets from a bullet company that their answer to a data question is " well you need to spend more money and buy my data " Hornaday for example I've got some 123 amax bullets and i need some 6.5 prc data sent them a email to see about load data I even sent them a powder list and their was we'll sell it to ya that just ****es me off. Sorry for the vent and I know there are bullet companies that freely give you their data and I applaud them for doing so Barnes and Berger will amongst others
I bet there is a long list of stuff that "burns your butt".

I use hodgsdon data first 99% anyway just interested in eld velocities from hornady. Just rubbed me wrong Hornady is nickel and diming their data withholding data from book to sell online. I understand it's huge expense to them testing all those powders/manpower etc.

What data did they withhold? All their data up till the 11th edition was released is included in that so the only thing they don't have is the newest stuff that is going in the 12th edition.
Some of the stuff for their new cartridges and bullets gets posted for a limited time but will be included in the 12th edition.

It's simply amazing, as much money as we **** away on gear, we are stilling willing to cheap out, the gas and time of the trip would cover the convenience of having it sent to your mailbox.
I have a bass pro 10 minutes from my house. I'm there pretty regular checking on whats on the shelves. I get that Hornady spends money on load testing. But they sell ammo so they have to do it anyway. Nosler, Barnes the powder companies all publish their data. I think it's a little cs that Hornady wants you to buy it but whatever.

You previously noted you have their 10th ed. I also have the same edition. If it is not on the reloading manual, it means whatever you were looking for was not captured before the publication. Their latest is the 11th ed. As much as I like the newest edition, I did not buy it because the 10th ed has everything I need, at least for now. 🤣

View attachment 511153

View attachment 511151
I can't remember what I needed then,couple yrs ago at this point, but got hornady app, I thought awesome innovation, app said refer to manual lmao, bought manual when It just came out, that's why I was looking, new manual coming out and it didn't have info. But for $1 I could get info I wanted.

Love this forum, and the diversity of people in it.
We have a thread where some people are saying that others are cheap if they don't tip their guide thousands of dollars for just doing their job, that they are already being paid for. Then another thread running where somebody is upset for paying a company that must have HUGE overhead costs, and a massive payroll to meet, a measly $1 to get information from them. It probably barely covers the cost at $1 to have a person process the transaction, and then email the data to the person.
If I was the owner of Hornady, the cost would likely be more than a dollar, because it would have been raised in price by me to a more realistic level, say $5.
Recently I ordered a cook book, but guess that I should have asked them to send it to me free, and see if that worked.
$2000 rifle, $2000 scope, $3000 in outdoor clothing and boots, a truck at $50,000, loading room full of stuff $6,000, but $1 for the load data, outrageous!
This thread, priceless. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I did pay for their data and it should've been in th book I bought like it has been for yrs and yrs. They withheld data to sell online. That's BS business. If you wanna pay extra for their withheld data go right ahead. I won't. I been doing this for **** near 30yrs too.
It costs money not only to do the load data but also to run a website to post it on. If you've been loading for 30 years then you should understand it's common to have many editions to load manuals.

D461F6E9-488B-4A65-8795-7971CC190471.jpeg

That white data log book is all I've needed for a lkng time just curious bout new stuff then.
And I've played around with quite few different thjngs over years. Just not the newer stuff that in my opinion older calibers can do 95% what all newer calibers. I think it's just $$$ game
430F07CC-CF69-4B4D-9E2F-65C8814FA216.jpeg

It costs money not only to do the load data but also to run a website to post it on. If you've been loading for 30 years then you should understand it's common to have many editions to load manuals.
Yes and by my pic of my manuals you can see how many I've bought in 30yrs. I do most my own load data just like check velocities they get in manuals. I go far past what they say and SAFELY get the most out of my rifle

I can't remember what I needed then,couple yrs ago at this point, but got hornady app, I thought awesome innovation, app said refer to manual lmao, bought manual when It just came out, that's why I was looking, new manual coming out and it didn't have info. But for $1 I could get info I wanted.
It appears it has value-added, and you are willing to pay for the service.

Love this forum, and the diversity of people in it.
We have a thread where some people are saying that others are cheap if they don't tip their guide thousands of dollars for just doing their job, that they are already being paid for. Then another thread running where somebody is upset for paying a company that must have HUGE overhead costs, and a massive payroll to meet, a measly $1 to get information from them. It probably barely covers the cost at $1 to have a person process the transaction, and then email the data to the person.
If I was the owner of Hornady, the cost would likely be more than a dollar, because it would have been raised in price by me to a more realistic level, say $5.
Recently I ordered a cook book, but guess that I should have asked them to send it to me free, and see if that worked.
$2000 rifle, $2000 scope, $3000 in outdoor clothing and boots, a truck at $50,000, loading room full of stuff $6,000, but $1 for the load data, outrageous!
This thread, priceless. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'm not that guy. I'm far to sensible and by no means do I need to be flashy for other people to do what I need to do.

Well we live in a capitalist country. Information costs money. I see 300 RUM and 300 WM dies on there. Alot of overlap in those two cartridges. But paying for load data is something that is unreasonable.
Y'all sure like gang up on new guy don't ya lmao. Doesnt bother me at all. 300mag is not mine, I just load for it 300rum is mine. I've made my point, it's BS Hornady withholds data to sell on the side of manuals it should've been in. too many people trying hate just on another person's opinion

Recent Posts