Interesting article on bear spray vs. bear handgun defense

Here is a better reason to carry in National Parks.
2022 article mentions 73 murders in National Parks in the three years prior to the article.
There's more than wild critters in our parks.
Feral humans are the most dangerous critters at large…anywhere.

Here is a better reason to carry in National Parks.
2022 article mentions 73 murders in National Parks in the three years prior to the article.
There's more than wild critters in our parks.
Feral humans are the most dangerous critters at large…anywhere.

...And a lot more missing than we hear about.

So this , was and has been a long read . I've been into it for a while . I have not been to Wyoming ( other than cutting the southeast corner to head into Colorado ) since summer of 2006 . Holy **** what an idiot I was . Stayed out side of Dubois . With my 2 dogs and wife and kid in tow I traipsed around like a jackass . Riding my enduro on the trails , fishing in the mountain lakes and driving in the truck . Had my Ruger no 1 220 swift in case I could get a shot at a coyote . Having been in the area for several years before snowmobiling , bears were never an issue . I asked a guy when the snakes came out and decided first week of June would be best . Never thought about bears coming out of hibernation . On our trip out we drove through Yellowstone , I got a lot of pictures of grizzlies and some a little closer than I should have . Big difference between 35 and 53 . I now go nowhere without my sig P220 .45 and I can shoot it very well . By the way what is CNS ?

Recent Posts