Insulated Hunting Boots

Thanks everyone for your feed back. I did pick up a pair Kennetreks 400gr off Ebay . As new but worn some so broken in a little. I likes them.
Arctic shield makes insulated over boots you can't walk in them but when you sit down put them on immediately and your feet will never get cold

If you didn't catch it, with a few of the replys, gators are huge to keep your feet and all both dry and much warmer! I will recommend Kuiu which I have. Bombproof tough but not fleece quiet. I have the yukon and newer version too... My son used marmot or similar for a week in snow. Were ok too.
Yes sir. Got those as well. Thank you.

I wear kenetreks and have an uninsulated pair as well as a 400gram pair!
Love both of them, the 400gm pair is worn when temp <15 or snow on the ground otherwise the uninsulated pair and vary which sock combo I wear depending on conditions. Lowas, Kenetrek and Crispi are all mad in the same plant and I've had all three and my feet like Kenetrek the best. I wear hunting boots 100 plus days a year and other than top end optics it is still a hunters best investment. IMHO

Do I need insulated hunting boots to hunt Colorado early November Steamboat Springs area Craig, CO to be exact ? I have Solomon 4GTX whatevers but was thinking about the Kenetrek Mountain boots 400g Insulted. I have good socks but I'm a little cold natured and 56 years old. Not familiar with the area so just seeking some advice. Thanks.

I was in this area last week with these boots and thin merino wool sock. Lots of hiking (7-10 miles per day) Deep snow, lots of wind. Never a hint of being cold, feet stayed dry.

Better to have your feet a bit too warm then to wish you had insulated boots when you are freezing and cant feel your feet.

Guessing you're already there but for others reading this... i was raised near there and have hunted a ton in that area... heavy early snows bring the deer down to the sagebrush flats and put the elk on the move so lots of "hike till your almost dead" then sit and spot u till you freeze... light to zero snow means you fixing to hike almost nonstop and it's pretty easy to stay warm....

Guessing you're already there but for others reading this... i was raised near there and have hunted a ton in that area... heavy early snows bring the deer down to the sagebrush flats and put the elk on the move so lots of "hike till your almost dead" then sit and spot u till you freeze... light to zero snow means you fixing to hike almost nonstop and it's pretty easy to stay warm....
I am in Colorado now. 400gr Kenetreks are the bomb. Feet are warm and comfy.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.