hunting boots

Dskiper

Do you know all leather hunting boots of de4cent quality are very hard to find!! nylon w/leather trim is the w3ay know. we need all-american made shoes again along with blue jeans! apparently money don't matter cause 600$ boots seems the normal Sick economy!!!

Do you know all leather hunting boots of de4cent quality are very hard to find!! nylon w/leather trim is the w3ay know. we need all-american made shoes again along with blue jeans! apparently money don't matter cause 600$ boots seems the normal Sick economy!!!
Danner. On their website you can select Made in USA and all leather and usually those models can all be rebuilt, re-soled. I have a pair that has been re-soled twice. It's my favorite all time pair of boots.

This would be the equivalent current model- https://www.danner.com/men/hunt/trophy-10-brown-600g-1.html

Last edited:
Danner is my choice of boot. USA made and repairable. Watch the sales, some times you can get Military overruns for fall or winter hunting.

I made the switch to Muck boots and have never looked back. Feet stay dry and have never been cold since the change was made.
Those don't work too well when you're walking and climbing for miles. Feet get hot and sweaty (they get wet from the inside), almost no matter what and Muck boots just don't breathe like a gore-tex type of membrane boot.

I know the desire to have things made in the USA but the best boots come out of Italy. They just do. It's a hard truth, just like the best optics come out of Germany/Austria.

There are companies like Schnees and Whites that make leather lined boots too, if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise there are a lot of good brands that make all leather exterior boots like Zamberlan, Kenetrek, the aforementioned and others. Yeah they're expensive.

Last edited:
Those don't work too well when you're walking and climbing for miles. Feet get hot and sweaty, almost no matter what and Muck boots just don't breathe like a gore-tex type of membrane boot.

I know the desire to have things made in the USA but the best boots come out of Italy. They just do. It's a hard truth, just like the best optics come out of Germany/Austria.

There are companies like Schnees and Whites that make leather lined boots too, if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise there are a lot of good brands that make all leather exterior boots like Zamberlan, Kenetrek, the aforementioned and others. Yeah they're expensive.
This

Those don't work too well when you're walking and climbing for miles. Feet get hot and sweaty (they get wet from the inside), almost no matter what and Muck boots just don't breathe like a gore-tex type of membrane boot.

best hiking boots come out of Italy for sure, but USA does make some good work boots

That's because people wear heavy socks in them. All I wear is ankle high athletic socks and have never had an issue with sweaty feet and I am not your average hunter. I walk miles into hunting areas to get away from the crowds. Over hills and hollows, creeks and cutover, I stand by my choice.

That is why there are so many choices what works for me won't work for you I could not walk long distances in muck boots up and down hills. I use Hoffman's for work. Great boot for work but heavy and stiff for hiking

Schnee's Beartooth 200G are my go to boot right now, I bought some Hoffman 200G to compare but have 0 miles on them as I just received them a week ago.

Liddy