In the Ear? Really???

Thanks for the welcome back's from everyone who did. Will try to be more attentive, and will check back more often from here on out, however, am still traveling quite a bit, so there may be gaps. Headed out to Tombstone for Heldorado days this coming weekend and about a week in California at the end of the month and into November. After that things will calm down for a while.

Til then, and NO, djones, no pictures of the filly! go find your own. If you need a few suggestions on where to look, let me know!.....lol

Packrat

Trying to making sour mash for the hogs. I found a few of these jugs by the company water cooler and thought they would be the perfect container. I added corn, 6 packs of yeast, a 12 pack of the cheapest beer Wal Mart sells, and some water. I shake it once a day, and I'll try pouring it out when the mixture becomes more of a "goo".

Any thoughts?
Add milk and don't tighten down your lids.

I did have a great new year. My father is a New Years baby and the most addicted hunter I know. Lucky for him it's the last day of our late doe season so I always go out with him to the best hunting spot we have that's a large farm covered in doe. Every year my brother and I get him a new gun for Christmas and we break it in on his birthday. This year he took a 300blk ar. I was able to bag two very large doe and he was able to take one shortly after that that had its leg shot off earlier in the season. We have been very lucky each year to have always taken several does that day. So he always gets to have a good birthday of hunting with me something I will always remember and hope it's not to long before my son can join us.
Now on to killing hogs. lol I had this Texas trip booked for a year now and it took my dad all of 20 seconds to say he was going when we pushed our Florida hunt back this year. Lucky guy is retired so he's driving all out gear down to pick me up from the airport and he's gonna stay after I leave and visit other ranches he can find down that way to do some hunting on.

That's awesome! I've been playing with my 300blk lately, and it is a lot of fun. I've had it in the safe for a few years, but never found time to take it out. I wish I would have taken it out sooner.

What is your ammo of choice?

I'm currently shooting 100gr cutting edge raptors over 20g lil gun in my 16" Psa at 2550 fps. Getting groups as good as .39" in the first load ladder loaded to mag length.
I helped Steve at hammer with his 101gr taking all the things I like about the raptor and trying to improve on it. I think we did. It opens at slower speeds and doesn't have a plastic tip that is 3/8 long so I should get more fps. 20gr is compressed with the raptor that's what I believe got me my first sign of pressure when I went past max.
I went nutty with the raptor but will be out this spring so I am gonna try the hammers. I've had great luck with the raptor though. 30 plus pigs and over 20 large deer just with mine my brother and dad kill lots to. I feel good out to 300 yards on deer with mine gonna try past that when in Texas.
I went a bit nutty this fall when psa had a sale and now own 7 blk guns. I have one more but i am donating it to a raffle for wounded vets to pay for a hunt. Vortex was kind enough to donate the scope so I just bough the gun and bases.

That's awesome! I've been playing with my 300blk lately, and it is a lot of fun. I've had it in the safe for a few years, but never found time to take it out. I wish I would have taken it out sooner.

What is your ammo of choice?

Took these two in about ten minutes on my dads birthday. The second one was trying to hide in the woods and kept sticking its head out from behind a tree. So after waiting a bit to see if it came back out I just put her down. First one was 60 yards angled through front shoulder and she dropped and legs went straight in the air and stayed out.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I did have a great new year. My father is a New Years baby and the most addicted hunter I know. Lucky for him it's the last day of our late doe season so I always go out with him to the best hunting spot we have that's a large farm covered in doe. Every year my brother and I get him a new gun for Christmas and we break it in on his birthday. This year he took a 300blk ar. I was able to bag two very large doe and he was able to take one shortly after that that had its leg shot off earlier in the season. We have been very lucky each year to have always taken several does that day. So he always gets to have a good birthday of hunting with me something I will always remember and hope it's not to long before my son can join us.
Now on to killing hogs. lol I had this Texas trip booked for a year now and it took my dad all of 20 seconds to say he was going when we pushed our Florida hunt back this year. Lucky guy is retired so he's driving all out gear down to pick me up from the airport and he's gonna stay after I leave and visit other ranches he can find down that way to do some hunting on.
That's just great, what a treat for you both.

Nice shooting! Deer can be dumb like that. I shot 2 about 15 minutes apart several years ago. I guess they don't get scared by seeing their friends shot.
That's the great thing about long range hunting and/or hunting suppressed.

On more than one occasion I've dropped a deer "way out there" only to have others come over to see why Bambi fell down giving me an opportunity to stack two or more up.:D

Unfortunately pigs tend to be smarter than that but I have been able to shoot pigs off of the gut piles of deer I shot the day or several days before.

A pig will eat just about anything it can get in it's mouth including some things that would really churn your stomach. I killed two feeding on a dead calf that had been laying in the field for several weeks.

I've noticed while shooting with a break they tend to not be sure where it came from. My suppressors are still awaiting approval. Hopefully just in time for the new laws that allow you to just purchase them like a firearm.

While I would LOVE it if the legislation passes, I'm not holding out hope. I'm sure the main stream media will push the anti gun agenda they always do. I'm sure that the left will push the story that every gang banger will have a suppressor that totally eliminates sounds shot from fully automatic rifles that fire thousands of rounds per minute and than the NRA is in cahoots with Satan.

The left is so passionate about gun control yet so very ignorant about everything related to firearms. I watched a Tucker Carlson segment on Fox last week. I felt sorry for the leftist guest that got utterly destroyed on the segment. Many of the gun features the guest called to be outlawed are commonly found on hunting rifles. I felt like pulling his man card due to the absurdity of his argument.

Good thing we have the house and senate. Just like Obama care they may be able to push it through not giving a **** what others think.
My favorite person to watch destroy liberals is Ben Shapiro. You tube him vs piers Morgan. He also has great videos on how to make leftist look dumb.

While I would LOVE it if the legislation passes, I'm not holding out hope. I'm sure the main stream media will push the anti gun agenda they always do. I'm sure that the left will push the story that every gang banger will have a suppressor that totally eliminates sounds shot from fully automatic rifles that fire thousands of rounds per minute and than the NRA is in cahoots with Satan.

The left is so passionate about gun control yet so very ignorant about everything related to firearms. I watched a Tucker Carlson segment on Fox last week. I felt sorry for the leftist guest that got utterly destroyed on the segment. Many of the gun features the guest called to be outlawed are commonly found on hunting rifles. I felt like pulling his man card due to the absurdity of his argument.
It's already legal for hunting to varying degrees in about half the states so the odds are in your favor. Cross your fingers because there's a very good chance that there will be 2, if not 3 Scotus appointments in the next 4 years and I don't think the Golden boy is dumb enough to torpedo his base.

Add 2-3 originalists and it's over.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.