if you could only have 1 gun

soundwaves

l dont live in the USA. l live in TURKEY.

The prices of rifles and licences here are crazy..
ex: a sauer 202 classic costs 8950 dollars and something tactical like the styer SSG 04 starts from 22000 euros upwards. we can only buy rifles from a goverment office in the cappital Ankara. so pretty much the goverment is cheting us. we need to pay 2000 dolars per rifle every five years for there liciences in order to keep them. and if your barrel gets shot out you arnt alowed to rebarrel or rechamber your rifle ( jail penalty. serious crime :) ) turkish oficials think barrels last for 100.000 rounds ( worried about the tukish army snipers in a war situation hehehe.

so long story short to own more than 1 rifle you need to be well off or just plane stupid :) my 7mm rem mags barrel is almost shot out and lm seriously on the market for a new rifle. the gun l will get has to last me a verry long time and l need to be able to take down ibex from 500-600 meters ( usualy shoot at 450 meters ) and wild boar from close range. so lm not considering getting a magnum rifle because of the low barrel life. thinking about .270win 30-06 308win and the 8mmx57 mauser because of its low velocity and verry long barrel life but worried about it cant handle the job after 300 meters.

lm considering a german rifle like a heym-blaser-sauer because of the quallity of the metariel and steal used and atentin to detail.

so my question is, considering your gun laws over there are awsome and if you had to face laws like this what gun would be your choce. l need to make 1 choce and the right choce. thanks :/

Is re barreling your current rifle not a possibility?

Of the options you mentioned I would do 30-06 or 308. But thats because those are easy to find ammo for here, and would give long barrel life. Not sure what your ammo availability is like.

Is re barreling your current rifle not a possibility?

Of the options you mentioned I would do 30-06 or 308. But thats because those are easy to find ammo for here, and would give long barrel life. Not sure what your ammo availability is like.
not alowed to re barrel. common callibers rounds are easy anough to find. no handloading possible

If common chamberings are "easy" to find loaded ammo for, The 30-06 will be a good all around rifle.

Or, quickly move to the US before the doors close.

:D:D:D lm australian so dont think trump would have a problem with me but never know with him :D

He'd be world's better than Obummer has been, or Hitlery or Sanders would be. I trust Bill more than I trust the Hildebeast, and that should say a lot, because I don't trust him at all.

All career politicians are crooks, and Trump is not one, which scares the crap out of all the ones who are. Which is another reason I like him. :D

ex: a sauer 202 classic costs 8950 dollars and something tactical like the styer SSG 04 starts from 22000 euros upwards. we can only buy rifles from a goverment office in the cappital Ankara. so pretty much the goverment is cheting us. we need to pay 2000 dolars per rifle every five years for there liciences in order to keep them. and if your barrel gets shot out you arnt alowed to rebarrel or rechamber your rifle ( jail penalty. serious crime :) ) turkish oficials think barrels last for 100.000 rounds ( worried about the tukish army snipers in a war situation hehehe.

so long story short to own more than 1 rifle you need to be well off or just plane stupid :) my 7mm rem mags barrel is almost shot out and lm seriously on the market for a new rifle. the gun l will get has to last me a verry long time and l need to be able to take down ibex from 500-600 meters ( usualy shoot at 450 meters ) and wild boar from close range. so lm not considering getting a magnum rifle because of the low barrel life. thinking about .270win 30-06 308win and the 8mmx57 mauser because of its low velocity and verry long barrel life but worried about it cant handle the job after 300 meters.

lm considering a german rifle like a heym-blaser-sauer because of the quallity of the metariel and steal used and atentin to detail.

so my question is, considering your gun laws over there are awsome and if you had to face laws like this what gun would be your choce. l need to make 1 choce and the right choce. thanks :/
If you go with a Blaser you can always buy other barrels so that would be a consideration.

7mm Rem or 300wm would be my choice. You won't have a problem with barrel life with either of them unless you just abuse the hell out of it shooting it hot.

270w or 6.5x55 would be my next choices. The 7x64 might also be a good choice if the ammo is available.

If you can put it where you want it you can kill Ibex with any of those calibers.

300 Win Mag. to provide adequate energy at kill range for those 300 meter shots. High quality carbon wrap barrel will last many years. 22 LR if you like to shoot for recreation, but hunting is not the 22 caliber forte.

300 Win Mag. to provide adequate energy at kill range for those 300 meter shots. High quality carbon wrap barrel will last many years. 22 LR if you like to shoot for recreation, but hunting is not the 22 caliber forte.

Jack……you've "brought back the dead"! 🙀

But, you have pretty good tastes……especially if one hand loads! If you're an imaginative hand loader…..you could even "ditch" the 22 LR! 😉memtb

Recent Posts