Idaho wolf control board seeks $200,000 to kill wolves

The strain of wolf that brought into the lower 48 from Alberta was the largest known subspecies of grey wolves. Their main source of food was bison. Which was the first thing they went for in the Yellowstone.
I'm not so sure that strain killed of all the local packs rather than merging. This is my purely just a hunch.
It doesn't matter, they are here and need to be close to eliminated if they are ever going to survive in a conservative ecosystem. If I got to pick any animal to have go extinct, it would be the wolf in the lower 48.
But then again, I want to hunt jaguars and snow leopards too. Maybe I'm an *** hole, but I'm allowed to be.

Your pretty arrogant calling people who used to partake in those late season cow hunts as Billy Bob hunter.

The strain of wolf that brought into the lower 48 from Alberta was the largest known subspecies of grey wolves. Their main source of food was bison. Which was the first thing they went for in the Yellowstone.
I'm not so sure that strain killed of all the local packs rather than merging. This is my purely just a hunch.
It doesn't matter, they are here and need to be close to eliminated if they are ever going to survive in a conservative ecosystem. If I got to pick any animal to have go extinct, it would be the wolf in the lower 48.
But then again, I want to hunt jaguars and snow leopards too. Maybe I'm an --- hole, but I'm allowed to be.
Didn't figure you for one of the ones that thought wolves understood intrnational boundaries. mtmuley

There used to be roughly 3000 elk that winter behind my house on 63,000 acres of BLM, so far this year I've seen three!!!
I'd say if you didn't know about the wolves that were doing just fine before the introduction then you aren't from here.
When the introduction happened I was working for an Idaho State biologist, he railed against what was coming, he said it was going to be devistating, he was right.

Anyone who hasn't seen the wreck they have brought to us really doesn't spend time in the mountains.

Rian I didnt grow up here, moved here in 92, my guess and he can correct me if I'm wrong but my guess is mtmuley has moved here in the last 10 years and has no idea what it was like before the so called introduction.

Didn't figure you for one of the ones that thought wolves understood intrnational boundaries. mtmuley
Hey Mr.,
It ain't about division between us sportspeople. I was doing just fine living with the 3-4 sets of wolf tracks I saw a year while growing up. I grew up hunting from almost the Idaho line to the North fork of the Flathead River, I lived in the North Fork of the Flathead for more than a few years.
I know what went on both with the tiny local packs that truly thrived in Glacier National Park/Waterton Lakes National Park (Canada).
When I moved to the N.F. Flathead River, I trapped, hunted and fished. Ran cats with my hounds every day I could. By 2003, game was on a serious decline. Grouse numbers were seriously effected from the ecosystem being altered, snowshoe hair too.
I really don't give a rats hind end what you or anyone else thinks about my opinions, I lived it and felt it. It was and is emotional for me. And it's very hard for me to look at this subject with an open mind that's not driven by emotion. ;)o_O:D

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.