How many gearheads on LRH ?

5.56×250

I see user names on this forum all the time that makes me think the name has something to do with hot rods.
Is it just my gearhead mind seeing the connection, or do alot of precision shooters also have a need for speed on blacktop (or concrete) too ?

Not a true gearhead, love old cars and trucks though. I have an 84 CJ7 sitting in the shop waiting for a rebuild. Medical Bill's and a couple other life happens moments has put it on the back burner for awhile. I'm hoping to have the funds back to work on it this winter.

The 258 engine has been rebuilt bored .060 over, set up with a cam for EFI, and a 4.0L head. I have a Painless wiring harness and a Performance Fuel Injection system ready to go back in. Just need to get a new intake, headers, and an AX15 transmission found and I can put the drive train back together.

Probably not your definition of gearhead, but it's the engines of commerce that pay my bills. Been fixing diesels for the last decade now.
20190626_080545.jpg
20190626_080636.jpg

I always have something to play with in the garage. My toy right now is a 72 Camaro with big brakes, homemade triangulated 4 link, coil overs all around, 4 spd overdrive trans, LS3 engine with an 80mm turbo , EFI, etc.....built it myself from a stripped shell . I even did my first stitch job on the interior . Got a sewing machine last Christmas and jumped right in there, lol. Someone hit the passenger side door with something and knocked off a big chunk of my garage done paint job, so I flat blacked the whole car till I can get around to painting it again. Fun stuff !

I will confess to being a Gear Head in addition to being a gun nut and smith.

I have been Hot Roding for over 50 years and still have one. It is a 1932 ford 3 window Coupe Hi Boy powered by a 540 inch big block Chevy.

It gets me where I want to go.:cool:

J E CUSTOM
Never owned an old rod, but I do love um. I bet that 540 motivates that little coupe like a semi rearended you !

I restore them for you,frame off,cut weld,body and paint.All so you can comb your hair in the reflection....:):p:)
I'm too poor and too hard on my toys to afford someone else wrenching, spraying, stitching, and tuning on my stuff. I'm about too broke down to do it myself now though. Time and tumbles catch up with all of us at some point !

Never owned an old rod, but I do love um. I bet that 540 motivates that little coupe like a semi rearended you !

Over the years I have built many different cars but always wanted a 32, so when I found a body and frame rails I decided to build It from the frame up. Like others, I did everything, welding, painting, the engine, the upholstery and all decorative metal work. (Bumpers, gas tank headers and side pipes Etc) this took me 2 years.

I recently replaced the 600 HP Nitrous system with two 4 barrel carbs for a more controllable street use. And it will still move faster than my reflexes. Will enclose a picture when I can get it to work.

J E CUSTOM

D50D7E9C-2D1F-436B-A7AA-72C73205B590.jpeg
7FA8417F-9042-40D3-B931-7F4C3D163E77.jpeg
Have a Z06 under the garage and Grew up around old cars. dad had a 70 SS Chevelle and a 34 3 window. In the process of building a 69 camaro (been in the process for awhile now) and have a 23 T in the shop. Before I had my young son we went to street rod nationals in Louisville every year.

Cars , trucks , motorcycles and boats. The things we talk about here are the less expensive of my 2 main hobbies. Do believe we all have a need for speed.

Well, I once owned a '72 Valiant with a 225 Slant-6 if that counts. My favorite thing about it were the box-type air vents under the dash where I'd keep Labatts Blues cold back in the day. You know, the days when you could have some fun (as long as you weren't a total idiot) and common sense prevailed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts