Honey comb beef tripes

Drink mojitos!
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

I'll be honest, I didn't know what the heck it even is... Google is my friend today.
"Honeycomb tripe comes from the stomach lining of the reticulum"

No,no and no!

I know its protein but even my mink wouldn't eat that. 🤮

I only know one thing that looks like it..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    127.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    55.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I'll tell you FEENIX that does look good! I am somewhat adventurous with what I eat and tried to eat but have never tried tripe yet. I need to find someone that knows how to cook it first and those people are scarce.
I'm sure Feenix won't mind sharing his recipe.
Not at all; just do not ask me for actual measurements. The tripes I used came very, but I still made them by washing them thoroughly for impurities before pressure cooking them. Place whole tripes into the pressure cooker, fresh onion, garlic, green onions, ginger, cilantro stems, whole black pepper, red chili flakes, and salt. Cooking time is ~30-45 minutes when the pressure cooker starts whistling. Turn off the heat and let it stand until pressure is released. When it is safe, remove tripes, let it cool, and slice to the desired cut. At this point, you can cook with any recipe, i.e., Menudo, Kare-Kare, Pho, deep fry it, etc.

Some will throw away the cooking broth. Not me; the broth has tons of umami; don't waste it. I do, however, refrigerate it and scope out the unwanted fats. Reheat and run it into a strainer to remove the aromatics and other spices. I then sauteed the tripes with fresh garlic, onion, and ginger and then added the tripe broth—season as required. Serve and top it with fresh jalapeno, green onion, and cilantro.

Enjoy!

I eat everything, but sesos and liver, just can't.

FEENIX, did your parents ever sell the cow's inside udders. In Mexico they call them "Ubre", we grilled them and they are what my dad use to call a delicacy, meaty and fatty. They are a whitish and yellowish collor meat.
I do not remember it being sold because we save it for our consumption.

Not at all; just do not ask me for actual measurements. The tripes I used came very, but I still made them by washing them thoroughly for impurities before pressure cooking them. Place whole tripes into the pressure cooker, fresh onion, garlic, green onions, ginger, cilantro stems, whole black pepper, red chili flakes, and salt. Cooking time is ~30-45 minutes when the pressure cooker starts whistling. Turn off the heat and let it stand until pressure is released. When it is safe, remove tripes, let it cool, and slice to the desired cut. At this point, you can cook with any recipe, i.e., Menudo, Kare-Kare, Pho, deep fry it, etc.

Some will throw away the cooking broth. Not me; the broth has tons of umami; don't waste it. I do, however, refrigerate it and scope out the unwanted fats. Reheat and run it into a strainer to remove the aromatics and other spices. I then sauteed the tripes with fresh garlic, onion, and ginger and then added the tripe broth—season as required. Serve and top it with fresh jalapeno, green onion, and cilantro.

Enjoy!
Ah ha! A pressure cooker. I was wondering about the smell while cooking since my wife doesn't care for stinky things cooking in the kitchen. I would imagine this cuts down on the pleasant aroma of innards cooking?

Ah ha! A pressure cooker. I was wondering about the smell while cooking since my wife doesn't care for stinky things cooking in the kitchen. I would imagine this cuts down on the pleasant aroma of innards cooking?
No stinky smell at all. You can smell the aromatics, though. Frying fish indoors is much more offensive; I fry them outside.

I pretty much fry fish inside now. In the winter it's too hard to keep the temps up. Summer the flies and yellow jackets are a big problem. I have to clean the stove and mop the floors. And then Fabreeze the house. When possible I try to fry outside. Even if it's 105 degrees out.

I pretty much fry fish inside now. In the winter it's too hard to keep the temps up. Summer the flies and yellow jackets are a big problem. I have to clean the stove and mop the floors. And then Fabreeze the house. When possible I try to fry outside. Even if it's 105 degrees out.
Winter is the best time for me to fire up the grill; no pesky bugs.

Last edited:
I use my Ozonic's more for smells I create in house. I'll leave it at that.....