Hells Canyon long range shoot

Directions to: Hells Canyon Long Range Shoot @ Killgore Ranch & Killgore Adventures Motel RV Park and Headquarters for the Shoot.

Coming from the North:
From Hwy 95 take the next exit past the White Bird exit…approximately 1.3 miles, past the White Bird exit. Signs will say Hells Canyon and Old Hwy 95, there will be a right hand turn lane, turn right, Stay on Old Hwy 95 to the bridge crossing the Salmon River , about one mile, as soon as you cross the river and bridge turn left onto Foprest Service Road 493, stay on this to the ranch, approximately 2 miles. Sign will say Hells Canyon Jet Boat Trips & Lodging----To find the Headquarters for the Long Lange Shoot and Killgore Adventures Motel and RV Park…..stay straight on O,ld Hwy 95 and do not cross the bridge….proceed past the Orange Road Closed Ahead sign for ½ mile to facilities..

Hi dear!!
I am buying an R 700 rifle this winter and I want to learn how to shoot long range. Would any shooting ranges or gun stores offer some sort of class that teaches the fundamentals of long range shooting like windage, barometric pressure, and so on?

Sorry I could not make it to the event. My wife sent an arrow at a deer Friday night and we could not find it so we had an obligation to the animal to go back and check at daylight.

I hope the event was a huge success.

http://2012buck.shutterfly.com/pictures/9

Here's a pic of how our weekend went.

Sorry I could not make it to the event. My wife sent an arrow at a deer Friday night and we could not find it so we had an obligation to the animal to go back and check at daylight.

I hope the event was a huge success.

http://2012buck.shutterfly.com/pictures/9

Here's a pic of how our weekend went.
that is a perfectly good reason to have not made it, congrats to you guys for the joint effort on that deer. the event was a success with 43 shooters and a lot of good competition. there was some fun shooting sunday morning where we shot out to between 1640 and 1700 yards.

Hi dear!!
I am buying an R 700 rifle this winter and I want to learn how to shoot long range. Would any shooting ranges or gun stores offer some sort of class that teaches the fundamentals of long range shooting like windage, barometric pressure, and so on?
you could always look into defensive edge's classes that they put on. i have heard that they are top notch

Calib man that was an outstanding shooting event, very tuff competition and extreme conditions made for one of the fun-nest matches i've been to. Met lots of new people and made a few new friends, THANKS AGAIN .....

Saw on the web site that this is taking place again for 2014, that's awesome had a fantastic time in 2012. Iam ready!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 101
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.