• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Hard to find products thread

Not much comment on here about the gun grabbers anymore.... let me tell you however, nothing has changed in Washington or elsewhere concerning the end game. people have short memory's and it's going to bite them in the posterior.

Obama just changed gears thats all. The end game is still the same.

WTH is going on with Hodgdon powder? Have not seen any on the shelf since before Christmas. Well, I take that back....you can buy all the 777 you can carry.

Not sure. Supposedly they had an issue with some production equipment thats curtailed the production of some grades but keep in mind that Hogdon is manufactured in Australia and imported by their US licensed subsidiary.

The Shawnee Mission address is nothing more than the US distributor, much like PPU ammunition has a sole US Importer in Conneticuit.

I imagine (only conjecture on my part) that the propellants come in, in IBC bulk totes in overseas containers (or supersacks) and it's repackaged in Shawnee Miission for distribution to wholesalers and eventually for retail sale.

I'd sure like to know the broker that pulls one of those containers from LA or Baltimore to Shawnee Mission...lol. Again (my guess) is it offloads from a container ship at the Port of Los Angeles, LA is closer than Baltimore.

The extruded propellant business is pretty secretive, like ammunition so it's all conjecture on my part, just some educated guessing in as much as I work in transportation logistics for a large private carrier.

......people in this country have been conditioned both by the government and by their own ignorance aqnd acceptance of what appears to be normal as in 'the tooth fairy brings it'. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

The thing I can't get a handle on and puzzles my puzzler is how Hodgdon or Federal or for that matter RCBS (Federal and RCBS and Hodgon are all, by the way, the same company, determins the distribution of goods to wholesalers and eventually retail outlets.

Anywhere you purchase propellants, those propellants are purchased by the retailer from a distributor who, in turn, represents the manufacdturer or in the case of Hodgon, their sole US Importer.

I keep wondering fruitlessly, how the distribution is managed. It puzzles me. It also puzzles me how much prices vary from one retailer to another.

I realize there is a substantial markup on propellants and everything else firearm related except the firearms themselves (because that comes under federal law that no retailer can sell below a 10% markup over distributor to retailer cost and guns are still very competitve in pricing.

I figure the markup on propellants to be in the 35% bracket, that is a 35% across the board markup between the distributors shelf and the retailers shelf, but that don't explain the wide price fluctuation and example is Bruno at almsot 35 bucks for a 1 pound bottle of H whatever and Natchezz at $22.50 for the same exact bottle. That don't jibe with me at all.

I need a few 7mm SAUM brass. Does anyone have some or know of a LGS that has some please let me know. I would like 50 or so. I suppose I will pay the 2.50 per that Nosler charges if I cant find any here.

Natchez has Federal primers

FAGM210M (large rifle match)
FAGM205M (small rifle match)

Just ordered some a couple hours ago

Need Federal 215 Gold Medal Primers (a brick or two).

I know they are extremely hard to find these days ( it is like trying to find hen's teeth) but if anyone knows where I can get some it would be highly appreciated!

natchezz has them in stock again (must have found another carton in the warehouse). Shipping and haz mat are stupid but they have them (limit 2 bricks per purchaser). I bought 2 and it was 130 bucks all in. BTW, came this morning. At least I can pass part of the cost onto my customer and yes, they are very hard to find....lol

I know my local stores appear to have a lot of berger bullets in stock compared to other places i have seen. Just a thought.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Recent Posts