• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Hard to find products thread

That's awesome! Let us know if you get any response...

A little update. Amy Bruno did answer my e-mail (to my surprise) and we have been having a discourse about comparison pricing.

I just bought 16 pounds of H380 from Natchez for $141.49 per jug plus some pistol and small rifle primers, Bruno's has the same powder but it's $169.95 or over $28.00 higher per jug than Natchezz and their primers (though they don't have the SR's or the Large Pistol in stock are a bit over 9 bucks higher per box.

I explained to Amy that I could have bought the powder from her but why would I spend an additional 56 bucks. Haz-mat charges are the same across the board and shipping is inconsequential.

I've pointed all this out to her and I explained to her that people are getting ****ed and it's bad business practice to **** off your customers, especially when comparison pricing is merely a click away.

I can cut and paste the correspondence in here but it's suffice to say that we are discussing what is agitating their online customer base.

So weird...my comment earlier on here got bumped to general discussion board and something about me not wearing the right socks...I don't get it.

Besides that, Cabela's actually had something useful in this weekend, H4831...there were 4 - one pounders sitting there; one guy grabbed one...I grabbed one and was just reading it when another guy came up and grabbed the last two and said I don't need the one I"m reading...which actually I didn't, I was just looking at it...so he takes all three. Another case of the greedy american, and kind of an *** really. Just my rant.

I haven't been lucky with anything else lately though, would still like to find some 1 pound Varget's locally if anyone finds them. Thanks.

Only propellants I buy in small cannisters are Titegroup and Lil Gun because pistol loads are tiny compared to bottlenecks.

A pound goes a long way in 5-7 grain increments.

I would like to get my hands on some RL22, H1000 and Retumbo. I live near Atlanta GA. I would buy it local or order online. I would like to avoid Brunos or other overpriced online stores of course. However I will stoop so low and buy some if I get really desperate from one of those outfits.

Had an interesting e-mail discourse with Amy Bruno of Bruno's Shooting Supply. I tried to present the consumer side in relationship to their pricing on components, which is, in my opinion substantially higher than everyone else.

The gist of the correspondence was basically her idea is if they have it and no one else does, they will sell it. I tried to explain to the (and cited examples) of the price difference between them and basically everyone else. I didn't get anywhere. She's steadfast in her opinion that they will sell powder and primers at their pricing, which they probably do. However, I also explained that by setting their pricing substantially above everyone else, they were ****ing off their customer base and at some point will alienate them from their customers.

The example I used was I compared Natchez to them for H380 which, BTW, I bought 16 pounds of from Natchez last week. Bruno is a solid $28.00 higher than Natchez on an 8 pound jug and $9.00 higher (per box) on Federal primers.

Her comment to me was I'd love to have your business (I buy a lot of components), I use a lot of components. My comment to her was why would I pay 28 bucks more a jug for powder when their competition was selling 28 bucks below them.

She countered with their ship costs are less and I countered with ship costs are based on geographic location and the Haz-Mat charges are the same across the board.

I understand her reasoning to a point and that point is, if they have it and no one else does, they will sell it. Thats not the case. If you are prudent you can find what you need. Maybe not immediately but you can, if you exhibit patience and diligence.

What they are doing basically is eliminating their business because an informed buyer won't forget and at some point, supply will catch demand and everyone will either have to be competitive or cease doing business.

Thats how it works.

ChrisAtl -

By watching the following internet dealers I have been able to find powder fairly regularly for the last six months. You won't find it in a day but usually within 30 to 60 days one of these suppliers will have it. And at normal prices. (I have left Bruno's off as they have hiked their prices up but you can sometimes find it there and paying 50% more is sometimes better than not shooting)

A word of caution about Midway's e-mail notifications - It appears that Midway updates their website before sending out their e-mail notifications that stock is in (if you sign up for the notificaitons) This makes sense as they want you to be able to get the e-mail and immediately order. The problem is if people see it before you get the notificaiton, they can order right then and sometimes buy their stock out before you get notified. I saw this happen when they got their 7mm 168g LR Accubonds in.

Here are the suppliers that I watch daily if I am in need of something:

3rd Generation Supply
Midsouth Shooter Supply
Powder Valley
Natchez
Gamaliel
Midway

I would also add The Extreme Store for bullets (but no powder)

Good luck and just stay after looking for what you need.

PRECISION RELOADING HAS RETUMBO IN 8 POUND JUJGS......

Thought I'd bold that. They did last night at least.

Didn't purchase any (because I don't need any) and I'm not into hoarding but I did purchase a 4 pound jug of Lil Gun for my handgun loads.

I'm looking for Bullseye, Herco Power Pistol or Titegroup as well. Preferrablly 1 pound or 4 pound jugs. Pistol loads don't take a gob of propellant.

HEY, There are 1500 Berger .284/7mm 168 HVLD's in the 500 cnt. Boxes at Medford sportsmans.
Just a FYI if you need..