Hammer prototype terminal results

fordy

Gday
Well let's start by saying I'm extremely disappointed 🥲

990C13FC-2F73-47CF-A223-AB720505BA72.png69A87D84-2827-4B30-87B6-5016D09DF9BA.pngC31DD8AF-1DE1-43E8-8E33-06819B96F4A7.png

In myself as the pictures above have showed I failed to kill the new prototype hammer that I was asked to kill / fail & I was pretty sure I was going to fail it ( these type of designs usually are easy to fail but they also work well on most shot angles /resistances ) yep I was a bit cocky

This for me is so frustrating & had me scratching my head on what I need to do to kill these things

This particular pill I can't go into the finer details yet ( Steve may ? ) but I'm sure I can give a few basics
here's the shank @3600 impact through the knuckle of a cow & made it to the hide on the far side ( my rifles angle is roughly pill path & this cow had just died prior to testing as this is the route I will now take prior to entering real life tests on the knuckle with anything less than 375 & @ least a minimum go back to my old torture test media then it's game on )
177C1987-A17D-4488-9545-526869998D02.jpeg
I also gave it a pretty good run on other angles ( more to come though ) & impacts & surprisingly it passed those as that's where I thought I would get some level of failure to full on don't use on that shot angle & out of frustration I even shot parallel to the ribs to get the pill to deflect & no shot would ever be considered by me as one I'd take , just pure frustration on my part & even no comparison could be made on this shot to other parts of a critter eg thinking it's going to behave like a pelvis impact or frontal pill sliding up the ribs etc as I got to around 86 / 87 degrees & no deflection just biting bones & smashing them that's impressive & equal to only a few true solids of different brands

Hopefully once this pill is released This data is useful for the guys that like to push things & I also got some live critter data for the ones who are interested in the lower impacts ( yes I didn't forgot )
But I'm only down to around 2100 impact so please go easy on me as I don't like shooting that far anymore & im going easy easy till I get my mojo back out yonder but 1800 is my goal & it will come I'm sure we'll I hope 🙏

So stay tuned & I've got a couple shot angles resistances already requested to see how this design is with the bubble that if we get the true mush from the GL requested shot it's going to be extremely cool but that's a tall order as a few of us have found out with other pills , hammers included but I'm warming to this design way more than my first impression

Cheers

This little secret sounds exciting...

Gday bob
Here's a little more of the secret 🤫 😜

This design is a interesting one on the terminal preformance side as this pic 378309C0-3CBD-4AD8-99E6-36369B1DBCF4.png8F918842-22CA-4ABB-97FB-5D50BDC69BF6.pngshows the mush / purée created by a bubble that's got a lot going for it & although in reality I basically won't get this low of a impact in my hunting in 30 cal it's there which is way cool as @ around a 2500 impact it's impressive yep this deer was sloshing when I picked her up

Even down @2100 I'm seeing this lung mush on extremely low resistances now that's cool

I'm going to be interested if it keeps mushing below 2100

Cheers

Gday bob
Here's a little more of the secret 🤫 😜

This design is a interesting one on the terminal preformance side as this pic View attachment 411353View attachment 411355shows the mush / purée created by a bubble that's got a lot going for it & although in reality I basically won't get this low of a impact in my hunting in 30 cal it's there which is way cool as @ around a 2500 impact it's impressive yep this deer was sloshing when I picked her up

Even down @2100 I'm seeing this lung mush on extremely low resistances now that's cool

I'm going to be interested if it keeps mushing below 2100

Cheers
It reminds me of a.....

Attachments

• optimized-maxW950-cf3of10.jpg
    optimized-maxW950-cf3of10.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 129