Designing the perfect bullet box

5,10, and 20 round packs.

I bought some weatherby brass a couple years ago with a nice holder for the brass. The cases or loaded round clip into them. I may post a pic.
Here are the photos of the weatherby cartridge holders. Without a lid means only one piece. Slide cartridge in and the case head clicks past that bevel in second picture and is held there but still easy to push out. Lots of room in bullet cavity to avoid tip damage. I just bought another box of 20 the other day and the holder in it is just standard square plastic pockets.

Attachments

• 20220223_132046.jpg
    20220223_132046.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • 20220223_132059.jpg
    20220223_132059.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • 20220223_132108.jpg
    20220223_132108.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
I just got some PRIME ammo that uses the exact same holder and I thought it was worth saving. For those of us that just want 5 extra's, it breaks into 2 fives.
That was my thoughts too. Maybe even put Velcro on side of stock and stick one section of these to it.

Hey guys just a little update... I bought a second printer as I have a side business going where I am designing and printing off some industrial parts. I will continue this project as soon as I get caught up on my latest parts run. When I drew my cad model for my bullet box, I did it in such a way that I can change the bullet dimensions easily. The entire container will change dimensions to maintain clearances, oring location and depth, bullet separation, outter wall thickness and lid size. Also I can just type in a bullet quantity and it automatically resizes everything for that as well. Right now I need to print another lid with reduced clearance as this one fits slightly loose around the oring. I just got some olive green filament in for future testing. Also I included a drawing of a 22lr blank, tennis ball launcher test for fun. hoping this will save my arm as my border collie won't/can't stop with the ball. She has no use for the bumper thrower either. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 0CAC2B5E-59A1-4CD8-85EE-BD1C94590E1C.jpeg
    0CAC2B5E-59A1-4CD8-85EE-BD1C94590E1C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • ABB9ADDD-511E-4079-A6E2-96C423CA953B.jpeg
    ABB9ADDD-511E-4079-A6E2-96C423CA953B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
Would be interested in 6 or 10 round containers for 243, 30-06 and 7MM Remington.
PM me when you have some in any of those calibers.

I know that the OP - bemore2156 is trying to make us a BETTER cartridge holder which is great and wish him sucess. He has a lot of good ideas to hold cartridges.
Always good to have someone trying to make shooting/hunting equipment for us.

For many years we have been using "Soft Case Cartridge Wallets" when in the field. You can put in you pack, outside your pack, on your belt, and in your pockets. Has elastic to hold the cartridge, Velcro, snaps, & clips to secure to just about anything.
We carry 204, 223, 243, 260, 270WSM, 325WSM in different size wallets.

Attachments

• 204 Soft Case back.jpg
    204 Soft Case back.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 204 Soft Case Closed.jpg
    204 Soft Case Closed.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 204 Soft Case open.jpg
    204 Soft Case open.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 325 Soft Case.jpg
    325 Soft Case.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 50
I know that the OP - bemore2156 is trying to make us a BETTER cartridge holder which is great and wish him sucess. He has a lot of good ideas to hold cartridges.

For many years we have been using "Soft Case Cartridge Wallets" when in the field. You can put in you pack, outside your pack, on your belt, and in your pockets. Has elastic to hold the cartridge, Velcro, snaps, & clips to secure to just about anything.
You wish him success? By high-jacking his thread, to sell your stuff? LOL

You wish him success? By high-jacking his thread, to sell your stuff? LOL
I am not selling anything! You need to be able to read what is posted.

"I know that the OP - bemore2156 is trying to make us a BETTER cartridge holder which is great and wish him sucess. He has a lot of good ideas to hold cartridges.
Always good to have someone trying to make shooting/hunting equipment for us."

There are quite a few other posts on what cartridge holders are out there and an example of "Soft Case"

I am not selling anything! You need to be able to read what is posted.

"I know that the OP - bemore2156 is trying to make us a BETTER cartridge holder which is great and wish him sucess. He has a lot of good ideas to hold cartridges.
Always good to have someone trying to make shooting/hunting equipment for us."

There are quite a few other posts on what cartridge holders are out there and an example of "Soft Case"
Before you criticize someones ability to read, how well do you read yourself? Your post has nothing to do with what the OP was asking for, instead you decide to feature a completely different product as a solution.
You also say there are quite a few posts on cartridge holders. Maybe they would be better suited to showcase your ammo wallets?

Your wishing of success seems kinda like hiding an insult behind a "just kidding"

I've tried everything from stock packs to ammo wallets to leater and elastic belt carries to just about everything you can try.

I have yet to find any of them that don't solve some or most of the problems but neither any of them that solve every issue.

There's just too many variables for any one thing to be "the right thing", just like no one bullet is the right bullet for every need.

Great thought process.!
10 round is more than enough for day pack
Was thinking the base area get recessed a bit for easier grab with cold fingers
Add recessed O ring down inside each "chamber" to eliminate rattle..
Add slight ridge on each end to add sufficient resistance for Slide top cover to grab

Recent Posts