Custom .22-250?

So does wind in the west somewhere affect bullets differently than wind in the east? LOL

You make zero sense. BC is BC and wind speed is wind speed, you can see the charts I posted for actual data with both bullets.
Like I said I've not seen you all have the wind velocities that we have out west. The denser forests and swamps cut down on the wind. Whereas we out here in the west have open spaces and it's common to have at least 10 mph winds out here. Plus micro climates of canyons, mountains, and hills which will channel the wind increasing the velocity in many cases.

Like I said I've not seen you all have the wind velocities that we have out west. The denser forests and swamps cut down on the wind. Whereas we out here in the west have open spaces and it's common to have at least 10 mph winds out here. Plus micro climates of canyons, mountains, and hills which will channel the wind increasing the velocity in many cases.

Thanks again for the wisdom captain obvious. Like I said I've shot long range all over the country and I'm from the mountains and I'm very familiar with how terrain features and wind works. It still doesn't change the fact that BC is BC and wind speed is wind speed and that you really don't have a clue what you're talking about and are just spouting crap to sound right.

I've shot rats, chucks, badgers, yotes with 53gr vmaxs and they worked fine up until impact speed were at 1800 fps. Then on a rock chuck I wasn't impressed with the terminal performance. That was @ 480 yards with my AR15 with a MV of 3180 fps. So I limit my shots with my AR and 53gr vmax's to 300 yards with an impact velocity of around 2450 fps. I don't like walking up on stuff that's not DRT. The last bullet that would shoot out of my burned out 22-250 barrel was a 55gr Berger Match Flat based bullet going 3614 fps. This chuck was at 583 yards. Impact velocity around 1740 fps. DRT.
1711468380032.jpeg

I have a couple 8 twist 22-250s. Been shooting a heavy barreled one with 80.5 grain Bergers that are doing fine on steel and targets out to 600, that's as far as I can shoot at my local range.
My 8 twisted Tikka T3 lite loves everything that I've shot out of it so far from the 55 grain Sierra BKs to the 77 grain TMKs. Only killed a fox and a deer with the 77 so far but will be trying it out on the whistle pigs in a week or two. ;)

That 85.5 with a .524 G1 BC IS a big improvement over the 77 SMK. I would not hunt deer with these. I would use one of my other rifles. I could use up the 77s in my ARs.
Usually hunt deer with a .30 or 7mm. For anyone using them, how are they grouping?
I run the 85.5 berger out of my 220 swift AI and it's a great bullet. Pretty easy to tune and holds up well to high speed and fast twist(7in)

I'm hoping to prairie dog hunt this summer to see how they do on pdogs.