Boy cries WOlF.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people say they were always here they seem to forget that we no longer have their main food source from that same time period. The buffalo! Our country is also spending ton of money trying to help the bighorn sheep population and other animals back to their native ranges. So I don't understand the need to import wolves which works against their own programs. Stupid! On top of it all not manage them. I don't want any of Gods animals to go extinct but wolves need strong management or they destroy animal populations.

That was a reply to a specific statement, If/Then argument. That's what the quotation was used for.
Ok Carl, You've somehow managed to take over this Thread just like the Wolves in the Rocky Mountains, and Pigs in the South!

This is the only warning you will get! Mark my words, I will start deleting your posts from here on out since you've made your point countless times now, which has now turned into a Pxssxxx match. Stop Cease and Desist any further actions! Take a backseat on this thread and enjoy your Holiday and have a Happy New Year.

Pretty hard to "hijack" a conversation, when the content is germane to the initial post. Just because you don't like the view point, doesn't make it irrelevant...
If someone wants to try and eradicate the wolf population, good luck, have fun. It's just not a smart way to go, in managing wildlife. That's my only point.

If we do our best to balance the game populations we need to look, as best we can, what the ratios's used to be and really we should have enough grizzly and wolves to keep the bison population healthy and in check and that's about it, when Lewis and Clark came though which is some of our best documentation the wolf and grizzly populations were reliant on the bison, at times it seems the bison and elk ranges would have overlapped closely and then the elk would have gotten hit harder but its seems the bison was thee species that we should make large predator management decisions on. There seems to be very little documentation of grizzlies and wolves being this thick in the mountains as apposed to the front of the rockies and plains, the vast majority of the wolves killed by Lewis and Clark are in the Greatfalls and east regions, same with the Grizzly, right now the issues are inverse of that time.

Pretty hard to "hijack" a conversation, when the content is germane to the initial post. Just because you don't like the view point, doesn't make it irrelevant...
If someone wants to try and eradicate the wolf population, good luck, have fun. It's just not a smart way to go, in managing wildlife. That's my only point.

I think he finally made a legitimate point, clap clap, if history is any indication it will be very difficult to totally eradicate wolves, there is very little danger of wolves going extinct in the foreseeable future. we've had open season on coyotes for the better part of 200 years and they are, if anything thriving.
I'm not against wolves per say but I am not in favor of wolves with no management.

I think a lot of guys would be surprised how many wolves and grizzlies are being killed by agencies in a desperate attempt to no have a wreck, I know just in our county they tried to put on a second pilot and shooter because they are not killing enough from air right now plus the hunters killed numbers to keep the population at a sustainable level.

Well, I've seen guys not know the difference between an elk and a mule, also seen a llama come in with an elk tag on it too.
A llama? Lol too funny. I've been tempted to shoot a llama before but I knew exactly what it was(I was in a rage while trying to turn my cows back the right way)

Copout.....
Nah. Copout would have been "Happy Holidays!"

Wolves should be managed like everything else. They should also be considered accurately in attempts to manage other populations.

I hold humans have taken the wolf's role of apex predator. To let the wolf population explode in parallel with increasing hunting is foolish and unsustainable. I'm OK with wolf presence, but only given they are managed and controlled, as part of a comprehensive management plan.

Carl, Hunters were doing a great job of managing Wildlife prior to the reintroduction of Wolves! We had very healthy Deer and Elk herds except in Yellowstone NP were this got a foothold. Then someone got the wild idea to take out the human aspect of Game Management and reintroduce Wolves all over the Rocky Mountains. But there's a issue with that:

Trust me, I can tell you it would take expert Marksman on the ground and in the air on a large scale that would have to be so well executed to eradicate the Wolf! And it would take on the looks of a full blown Military action of all out War to ever eradicate all the Wolves! There is not enough Trappers, and Hunters to ever take that on in a meaningful way.

The problem is they are too efficient, they have to hunt everyday to survive, and wound game in doing so! Plus they stress out female Deer and Elk to the point that very few are born now compared to previous years. Even the Mountain Lions are having issues competing! Mainstream Americans don't need too hunt to eat, those that do use it to supplement their protein meat source for a low fat alternative for the cost of a Tag, and their time off in the surrounding area they LIVE! The majority of hunters don't have the time and energy to even make the smallest dent in what has now grown out of proportion.

I've spent 60-90 hours a week to track down and hunt a Wolf, my chances of success is still less than 50%! You seem to think it's easy..... Even my friends in the Military have gone home empty handed after a week of hunting! There is no way for hunters to keep their population in check when there is very little effort to go hunt them in the first place! For most out of State people it's One and Done! What you think people need ten mounted Wolves in their living room? Who has that much time or desire, and the funds to make a dent in what they can do to the local population of Deer, and Elk? There's no bounty for them, you can't eat them either!

You're also missing the another point! My closest neighbors don't make over $40K combined! One Parent has to take care of their baby girl unless their grandparents can, and they live in their great grandparents house, that grew up in a house right next to that home! Like a lot of hunters in the U.S. they are not rich, their parents worked in the local Sunshine Mine for $9.45/hr base pay in up until 2000, only to get laid off due to the price of Silver. The average miner is now only making $16-20/hr.

This is logging country, not the Bay Area, Chicago, Detroit, LA, NYC, Seattle or Washington DC. It's not even the Grasslands that is now known as Kansas that has great soil for farming as far as the eye can see! It's steep country with lots of trees, which means lots to trees to hide behind, and steep canyons that even the best of the best couldn't run up and down after a Wolf!

Maybe you should start a thread this week on how many have gone Wolf hunting, how much time they spent in a single calendar year doing that, their average cost to do so, and their success rate!?!

I just got off the phone with that Grandparent, he is still hunting for a Cow Elk and has been since the season opened for him months ago! Sure he's old, (68) he worked for peanuts as a miner his whole life, his Father was a logger that went to a one room school down the street from me. You may think your views are the correct way to manage Wildlife here in Idaho..... But at last check you're roughly 1,400 miles away, you don't pay taxes here, you don't support the community, you don't help a single soul in the State of Idaho for anything! So why should the sport we loved doing, and the lifestyle we were used too suffer from Your Point of View?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts