Boca Raton Boat Dumping Trash in Ocean

I wonder exactly where they were, once you are in international waters (7 miles off the coast iirc) ypu can dump darn near anything legally

I hate littering. It's kind of my pet peeve but as CST said it's nothing compared to with what I have seen dumped from a ship.
Pretty much the whole US and earth for that matter is a giant dump.
And don't forget about our atmosphere and space, it's amazing that a rocket can get past all the junk orbiting the earth.

And don't forget about our atmosphere and space, it's amazing that a rocket can get past all the junk orbiting the earth.
SPACE JUNK !!!
Don't plan on going into space with a small piece of space junk (micro bullet) (a flake of paint) traveling at 56 million miles per second and hits your space ship or suit!!! :mad:

So where do you draw the line? Trashing your land? National Parks? Your favorite trout stream? I've had it with "people" crapping on our land. I speak up and will continue to do so.
It is a sad world we live in and how people don't or won't put garbage in it's place. Just look at how people throw junk out of their cars. We live in the country and on a beautiful road and I am constantly finding McDonalds food wrappers and soda cups, beer bottles & cans right on our front property. How many times have you ever seen or heard of a person getting fined for littering?
Remember back in the 70s there was commercial on the TV about Littering. Would have a picture of the woods then garbage then an Indian with a tear in his eye. Then you could get free garbage bags that would hook over the cigarette lighter in the car so people would not throw the garbage out.

I always thought every time the space shuttle went up they should have grabbed any defunct US satellite or parts and removed them.

If I remember right a Chinese satellite that had a decaying orbit took out another satellite a couple of years ago.

I always thought every time the space shuttle went up they should have grabbed any defunct US satellite or parts and removed them.

If I remember right a Chinese satellite that had a decaying orbit took out another satellite a couple of years ago.
And one fell to earth,I think it landed in one of the seas.

It is a sad world we live in and how people don't or won't put garbage in it's place. Just look at how people throw junk out of their cars. We live in the country and on a beautiful road and I am constantly finding McDonalds food wrappers and soda cups, beer bottles & cans right on our front property. How many times have you ever seen or heard of a person getting fined for littering?
Remember back in the 70s there was commercial on the TV about Littering. Would have a picture of the woods then garbage then an Indian with a tear in his eye. Then you could get free garbage bags that would hook over the cigarette lighter in the car so people would not throw the garbage out.
Len,
It's from all walks of life. Yesterday my wife and I had a very well dressed woman in Lexus toss out Starbucks cold drink cup in front of us. It didn't go well. I guess I am just a redneck hillrat in their eyes and she is a piece of excrement in mine and informed her as such. Got her attention anyway. 🤔

Last summer I was behind a Cadillac Escalade and someone in the back through out some kind of wrapper. They happened to be going to the same store as I was. I seen that there was a young girl (10-12) in the backseat so I informed mom that her child had littered a wrapper. She looked at the girl sucking on a lollipop and said it's no big deal it's only a small wrapper. I told her that maybe I'll save all my small trash and dump it in her yard.
It's amazing that young people are supposed to be so worried about the earth and climate change 🙄 but have no problem littering.

I always carry a plastic garbage in my backpack as I know for certain I will find junk people leave behind.Just throw it on the ground.
Game & Fisf watched me for an hour and asked what I was going to do with what I picked up,I told him I'm going to put it in my garbage can when I get home.He said they pick up all kinds of garbage after the season ends.
That makes me mad.I live in one of the most beautiful states and still see this.

I always carry a plastic garbage in my backpack as I know for certain I will find junk people leave behind.Just throw it on the ground.
Game & Fisf watched me for an hour and asked what I was going to do with what I picked up,I told him I'm going to put it in my garbage can when I get home.He said they pick up all kinds of garbage after the season ends.
That makes me mad.I live in one of the most beautiful states and still see this.
I'm in Colorado, third only to California and Oregon for granola crunchers. Four seasons ago, I left early to set up deer camp for me and my daughter along the Dolores river which they're pushing for monument status. This country is typically pristine but not so much anymore that the river rats have moved in. Torn up inflatable double mattress hanging in a pinyon, litter and empty propane bottles everywhere. When we left, I ended up going back with an empty truck so I could load it all up, it was an easy bed full of junk. We don't hunt down there anymore, it's been over run.

Last edited:
Couple years ago my son and I came out of public rec hunting land after dark. We always carry grocery plastic bags and we had 4 bags full of trash. Disgusting. I opened tailgate of truck and 2 CO's stepped out of dark behind us. Scared crap out of us. Asked what was in bags thinking we were meth guys. Said %#*&$ trash from slob hunters. The CO gave me his card and told us to call him if we ever needed help even to drag a deer or track. Wished us good hunting and said good night. Never asked us for license. We always sweep parking lots and even had others help when doing it. I hoped hunters were different but they are not. But why? What makes a person just throw their trash out window? Carry into woods, crumple can, toss bottle, wrappers onto ground? Under ladder stands look like open landfills. I just cannot fathom this narcissistic behavior.

Me - tidy, respectful person who picks up other's trash including shotgun hulls & brass when pursuing my sport on private & public lands. Honest - that big bag that I am dragging is loaded with trash.

Eons & eons ago when I was a young naval officer in our Navy our vessel did a detailed sea floor survey anchored in .3 K deep water in a channel separating 2 Hawaii islands one of which was a pristine & privately owned. We had a crew of 250-300 souls on board who were eating, consuming, and producing much waste. My job was to continually plot our position using radar & radist, a directional radio transmission system sending out signals from several shore base antennae as we swung about at the end of 900 meters of 5/8 inch wire rope, 50 meters of heavy chain & a 500 pound Danforth anchor. Heavy loads of trash were dumped over the side every night, like dark. Soon herds of white tip sharks circled our vessel munching on chicken, hamburger, muffins, eggs, pancakes. ham, bacon and other left over foods. My job included, as OOD, sampling the enlisted mess to assure quality - always first rate - I worked with the cooks on menus. One morning one of our radio guys handed me a classified message (confidential, lowest of classified) directed to our skipper. Our trash had drifted up on the pristine island's beach and the trash included enough info to blame us. After that, no dumping, the fantail accumulated a small mountain of trash & every week we reeled in .9 K meters of wire rope, 50 meters of heavy chain and winched up the 500 pound Danforth anchor and got underway for a 15-20 mile run leeward of the pristine island - then permission to dump trash. The sharks moved out.

Last edited:

Recent Posts