BOAT=Hole in water for money

I have had boats most of my life and it is the best quality time bar none, for me, my wife, daughter, and granddaughters. "It's still cool to hang out with they old man" no cell phones allowed except to take pictures, My youngest grandaughter had a birthday when she was younger, and I brought her and nine of her friends to a small private Island that had a beach. I had to go back and get a few of the parents, but it was there island for the day they are all grown up now but they still talk about that day when ever I see them. I had a giant cushion made for the bow for my sunbathing beauties. The boat and the motor have a 10 year warranty, all I have to do is change they oil and they impeller once a year $200,00 a year which I do myself. The boat does 60 mph and only has 12 inches of draft so I can go anywhere, and those new style engines are very fuel efficent. And when we go out to eat at a restaurant if there is a wait and they see you pulled up by boat the wait is never very long. I have asked why the special treatment and they owner said it is good for the restaurants image to see they are a boating destination and if you took the time and resourses to get there by boat you should be taken care of there are a lot of eyes watching you when you pull up to dock so don't screw up.lol my oldest "potty mouth" grandaughter came up with the name, I am so proud of her.
IMG_0108 (1).jpg

IMG_4092.jpg

Here it is at the boat dealership.

Last edited:
I have had boats most of my life and it is the best quality time bar none, for me, my wife, daughter, and granddaughters. "It's still cool to hang out with they old man" no cell phones allowed except to take pictures, My youngest grandaughter had a birthday when she was younger, and I brought her and nine of her friends to a small private Island that had a beach. I had to go back and get a few of the parents, but it was there island for the day they are all grown up now but they still talk about that day when ever I see them. I had a giant cushion made for the bow for my sunbathing beauties. The boat and the motor have a 10 year warranty, all I have to do is change they oil and they impeller once a year $200,00 a year which I do myself. The boat does 60 mph and only has 12 inches of draft so I can go anywhere, and those new style engines are very fuel efficent. And when we go out to eat at a restaurant if there is a wait and they see you pulled up by boat the wait is never very long. I have asked why the special treatment and they owner said it is good for the restaurants image to see they are a boating destination and if you took the time and resourses to get there by boat you should be taken care of there are a lot of eyes watching you when you pull up to dock so don't screw up.lol my oldest potty mouth grandaughter came up with the name, I am so proud of her.
View attachment 276843
View attachment 276844
Here it is at the boat dealership.
I would have expected you to have 4 of those big Merks on the back of that Scopey. lol
Back in 86 (1986), i pulled in the driveway with a brand new 24' Grady White offshore model with a 3500# Loadrite trailer,
twin 150 Yamahas, and the extra 55 gal fuel tank which gave me roughly 150 gal total. $35000.00 total for the rig, i still have the paperwork somewhere.
My wife was standing by the drive when i drove in with her hands on her hips shaking her head. When i pulled up to her she said (what next), and thats the name that got painted on the boat.
Im now 86 and can no longer handle being in rough water off shore.
But i still own 3 boats, the largest being a 17' KeyWest with a 90 Yamaha.
The one i use the most is a 14' Alweld jon boat with a 20 Merk and a 50# MinnKota. Last week i caught #500 Crappie while using one pole and a small jig since the new year started.
All but a few released, lots of Bass and Blugills also which dont get counted.
A 6 gallon tank of fuel will last me for several months with an average of 2 trips per week in the jon boat.
Sometimes the outboard never gets used at all on a trip.
I do avoid the lakes that have the heavy population of Bass fishermen, and so do many others, at least till most of them leave.

I don't have multiple engines but this one has a "Tune" in it, they were going to use this boat for a magazine artical and bumped the horsepower to 320. They wanted to make sure it showed good performance numbers for the test " all they MFG all do it" it has a 90 plus gallon tank and has over 400 mile range. it cruises at 40 and tops out at 60.

Dean

Hey Muddyboots.. at first glance I thought I recognized the location in the picture... I live near south haven, but have been to St. Joe hundreds of times! If you ever need someone to drive while trolling.. hit me up.
Zach

Can't really complain too much but still stings. Bought Penn Yan 212 in 1989 still have it. Never had any mechanical costs. Prob 3 lifetimes on motor outdrive. 33rd season. So needed impeller. Went downhill fast! Outdrive seal bad leaking oil into bellows. So went from normal maint to ah crap. Decided to replace bellows at same time since already there. Replace bad trim sending unit that was bad but accessible now, when all said and done prob $1500. Added in some other routine that I cant do with shoulder in recovery. So much for Sendero remage build later this year!
Boat
B= bring
O= on
A= another
T= thousand

I've been selling a few toys I don't use. The camper went a while back, boat recently. I still have a canoe here. It was just a beefed up John boat, not high cost. I averaged once a year, then had to maintain a few things.

I have two snowmobiles in great condition, still do some riding with relatives. I'll keep my motorcycle, older Honda. I have a modest airplane too, that stays for awhile too.

Nice boat there, im not a fan of boats requiring me to stand up and hang on, but i still appriciate the good ones.
Its a bare bones fishing machine with a 300 gallon fuel tank. Putting Llebroc seats in it. I'm still young enough to run n gun. someday I hope to get a Henriques 42 charter with big cats or MANN's and charter part time. Gotta have goals! I'd say I enjoy chasing tuna as much as I do elk hunting. Very similar in a lot of ways.

I've been a diver in Newport Beach,CA for the past 18 years(will be 68 in 3 weeks and still at it:D),primarily a monthly hull cleaning service but we also R&R props,zincs,do recoveries,etc.The harbor has approx. 8,000 boats and most are lucky to get used once a month,with some of the larger ones(65'+)maybe 2 or 3 times a year.Slip fees are outrageous,with 28' going for $1000 per month and 50' going for $4000 per month(guest slips for 100'+ yachts run around $375...PER NIGHT!I've owned about a dozen myself,jet boats,power boats(41' and lived aboard)),a sailboat,aBayrunner Baja,etc. and other than maybe a small skiff for lake fishing I'd never own another one.Hell,after being in the water 4-5 hours a day for the past 18 years I'm so sick of water I don't even want to take a shower.:DBesides,work's getting in the way of me shooting my 2 new rifles,a CA BA Tactical in 300WM and a CA MPR in 338LM(both with 7-35 NF ATACR's,TT Diamond and Special triggers,Atlas bipods,Terminator T3 and T4 muzzle brakes,etc.).👍

Its a bare bones fishing machine with a 300 gallon fuel tank. Putting Llebroc seats in it. I'm still young enough to run n gun. someday I hope to get a Henriques 42 charter with big cats or MANN's and charter part time. Gotta have goals! I'd say I enjoy chasing tuna as much as I do elk hunting. Very similar in a lot of ways.
I once visited the Henriques factory and got to meet the owner who as i recall was John. His daughter ran the office. That was back when Carter tried to put all of them out of business with his stupid tax on boats. They made a very impressive boat, at least to me.
As for the charter fishing, dont be waiting very long to do that.
I ran a home building business in SE Pa for about 40 years.
But my dream job was being a charter captain in the Keys.
I got a 25 ton license in the 80s and by 89 i was keeping my boat on the trailer on a canal lot i had bought on Duck Key.
At age 65 i moved there and lived full time for 10 years.
I also secured a job at Hawks Cay resort as a back up to their fulltime charter staff.
But at age 70 i had heart surgery, and that caused issues with getting my licensed renewed.
Got to the point that every year they wanted an update on my condition from doctors.
Fact is the Keys arent the best place to live full time anyway, and especially if you might need (good) medical services nearby.
But i did enjoy doing that very much for the 6 years or so i got to do it. But hindsite is always 20/20, age 55 would have been the better time for me.
The boat you have would be an excellent Keys boat.
One of my neibors there traded his older Grady White for that exact boat.