Best Pod casts?

I have a great deal of windshield time and find podcasts are a great way to break the monotony and learn something. I enjoy the Hornady, GUNS magazine, and Vortex nation podcasts. I dislike those that cause me to fall asleep or spend too much time BSing. What podcast channels related to long-range hunting or reloading do you recommend?
I find myself listening to Ron Spomer on You Tube or Ron Spomer TV quite often. Happy shooting.

I'm surprised only one mention for Rifles Only Accuracy Podcast. I've listened to every episode. Mostly about shooting and just a bit of hunting but still good.

Occasionally Modern Day Sniper, again mostly shooting not much on hunting topics

Totally unrelated, History That Doesn't Suck is an entertaining podcast.

I know unrelated to LRH/Reloading but definitely related if we want to keep our 2A. Implicitly related I guess. I'm anxious to check out some LRH/reloading podcasts others have mentioned here.

Armed American Radio
Dan Bongino

Last edited:
Ridge to ridge outdoors is one I recently stumbled across recently. They've had a series of episodes talking about copper bullets and interviewed guys like Steve from hammer bullets and (I can't remember his name) from rcbs. They're a little clunky but not horrible. Anything produced by meateater is pretty good. Especially the trivia episodes, although I can't stand listening to mark Kenyon and Tony Peterson drone on about hunting whitetail deer in a sort of preachy/self help sort of way. Non hunting related Shawn ryan show, Mike drop, Sog cast, jocko podcast, cleared hot with Andy stumpf, danger close with Jack Carr, all have amazing military history content as well as current events. Danny Jones, Julian dorrey, the presidents daily brief, and of course Joe rogan are all great too for current events and long form interviews with all sorts of interesting people.

I'm being that guy that doesn't answer the specific question. I can't add anything else that hasn't already be mentioned.

If you want to mix in some personal/professional development and a fun look at some current events: Andy Frisella.

I got to pay the fee. "Don't we a hoe, share the show."

To break up all the industry talk...Bar-none...Best Podcast out there for Tier 1 Operators life stories and downrange accounts is The Shawn Ryan Show. Shawn, former SEAL and CIA op is an outstanding interviewer and every podcast he does is with incredible people who are interesting and inspiring. Lots of stories of harsh childhoods/early adulthoods turned into incredible men of courage and valor and conversions to Christianity. I'd recommend the following episodes to start (NOTE - these episode #'s are on Youtube - other sources will not have these numbers): #032, #83, #034, #73, #95, #69, #64, #51, #66, #047, #043, #038, #028, #015, #045, #008, #50...and many more...all are worthwhile, but these I've found to be the best. Note that some #'s above have parts 1, 2, and even 3 to them...so make sure to listen to all parts. You can find at the following locations:
Spotify: open.spotify.com/show/5eodRZd3qR9VT1ip1wI7xQ
iTunes: podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/shawn-ryan-show/id1492492083
YouTube: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4pqo9Uoh0WuUKxw0BmaK1yrg9Kd7E4lk

Here as well as Shawn Ryan Patreon account patreon.com/VigilanceElite and website: vigilanceelite.com

Take care, safe travels, and God Bless

Last edited:
I vote Shawn Ryan Show also. It has absolutely nothing to do with hunting but is very good. Lots of his early talks were very entertaining also

I have podcasts going on Spotify most of the day, I frequently listen to these outdoor related podcasts

Vortex nation
Ron spomer
Texas predator hunting podcast
The hunting public
East meets west hunt
Wired to hunt
The hntr podcast
Meateater
Bear grease/this country life
The element
Live wild with remi warren
Hunt talk radio (Randy newberg)
Brian call: gritty
Troutbitten
Wild fly productions

Plus a few others

I don't drive but I'm a desk jocky at an engineering firm.

Vortex Nation - you already listen, but great podcast. although i'd rather they keep to more 'informational" or hunting story podcasts

The Hornady Podcast - great ammo & ballistics info

The Long range pursuit - a Gunwerks sales podcast, but if you look through the sales bs there's some really interesting ideas you can apply to your hunting / shooting & rifle builds.

The Jay Situation Podcast - You want to learn about suppressors & how they work? Shock physics, blast mitigation & literal rocket science? Jay can break it down so you can understand it. it's nice to have some graphs in front of you which isn't always great for driving.

Trex Talk - Isaac Botkin has some great citizen defense industry topics

S2 Underground - you want a concise- no BS news report of important world events? This is your man.

The Straight DOPE - A very analytical gentleman that wants to become a great shooter across all conditions. Has some great field challenges, Very thought invoking, but is a pretty quiet guy, do not recommend for driving at night.

Miles to Matches - great guys discussing shooting & longer range competition topics. With ballistic calculators solving for drop, our biggest unknown is wind. These guys have been shooting a lot in it.

Modern Day Sniper - Similar to Miles to Matches. great guys with a load of experience.

There's a handful more I like, as well as a bunch that are straight BS or off topic.
Hope these help.

Recent Posts