Beard display

birddog 68

Hello all, I am looking for suggestions and or ideas on how to display multiple turkey beards. I have basic wood working equipment and would be willing to try to make something but I am not opposed to just purchasing a manufactured product. Pictures would be great but just a manufacturer name would help.
Thanks and looking forward to seeing some beard's hanging on display.

Interested in the pics to come on this. My boy got our families 1st bird this past season and ours looks pretty shabby. I think we should have tackled the project when it was fresh…once that tail meat when all jerky on us it was tough to arrange!

I forgot to post the picture
IMG_2932.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to put each bird on a mount, and if from another state I would put the state cut out of wood over the fan base. Then I started putting beards and spurs from one season on a since fan plaque as seen on a few mounts. Now I just hand the beard and spurs off a ling string attached to the "limb" I have a gobbling Merriam mounted on. I have 35-37 beards hanging off that limb. I used to have a beard tree, but it took up too much room. I use the brass from a shotgun shell to hold the beard and then use a leather strip through the spurs and glue into primer hole.

Attachments

• beard.jpg
    beard.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 141
I used to put each bird on a mount, and if from another state I would put the state cut out of wood over the fan base. Then I started putting beards and spurs from one season on a since fan plaque as seen on a few mounts. Now I just hand the beard and spurs off a ling string attached to the "limb" I have a gobbling Merriam mounted on. I have 35-37 beards hanging off that limb. I used to have a beard tree, but it took up too much room. I use the brass from a shotgun shell to hold the beard and then use a leather strip through the spurs and glue into primer hole.
Very IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!
Very nice!!! That is a GREAT Display that you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had something like your display in our previous home.
I was making all our "FAN BEARD" Mounts and leaving the Full Mounts to our friend that is a TAX..
We live in GA and can only take Gobblers in the Spring.
When we moved to our current home, I had a big box full of Fan/Beard Mounts to put up for display. Well Edward (our dog) got into the box one day when were out and chewed everyone up. Had feathers all over the house when we retuned home. Edward was a really great guard dog and killed everything that came into our yard with the exception of our cats or goats. He protected them but possums, racoons, squirrels, turkey all ended up dead and buried under our front deck. Guess he smelled the Turkey feathers in the box and did his duty.

Again love your display!!

Pretty much exactly what I do, I used to keep the fans but over the years I ended up just stringing all the beards and spurs on a leather cord. Some I have done for other guys putting the beard in the spent shotgun brass with a spur on each side