First eastern with double beard

Pa Grizz

Got lucky last week in Maryland.I was watching a hen to the left of me.Waiting for a tom to be behind her.Nothing.Turning back to my decoy are three big toms struting right next to the decoy..Put the gun up waiting for one to give me a clean shot.The one to the far left made the mistake.21 pounds 11 1/2 inch beard the other beard was 5 inches with 1 1/4spurs

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Nice bird grizz. I got one in MD on Monday in good old Garrett county. Not quite that big tho. 18 lb 9 1/2" bread and 1 1/4" spurs
image.jpg

Congrats. We had a great year here in NC. All the kids I took had opprtunities and three young ladies all shot nice gobblers. One of the last mornings, my buddy and I had my daughter in the blind, and we tripled up. First strutter flew down, saw our set up and ran in. Bird was down at 6:30am by my daughters A400 and a load of #4 heavy shot. 12 minutes later, two other long beards flew down, saw our set up and came in. One mounted my daughters dead bird still in the decoys, and the other mounted the lay down hen. It took some time to get them away from the decoys, but once away and clear, it was, 1-2-bang. Three birds down. Icing on the cake was mine was a double beard as well. These are the mornings we remember forever and so great to share with family and friends.

Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.