Are the Eld x bullets that bad

I have been using the axil in ear with sound amplification so I can hear and still have some protection.

I bought some of those to try out when/if I'm hunting with my S&W 460. I know that I'll only be hunting in the heavier timber…..where things can become "up close and personal" very quickly!

I hate to have that stuff hanging around my neck…but will not even attempt to shoot that ported 460 without ear protection!

Plus….hearing that grizzlies belly rumble at 30 yards away would be nice! 😉 memtb

They work fine for me. Not an Elk but not small game either. 180 yard shot, 143 ELD-x. No tracking required.

Attachments

• IMG_9856.jpg
    IMG_9856.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 39
You do realize this is a long range hunting forum don't you?
Define long range, what's the ethical limits? This individual is out at 1200 yards supposedly 'hunting' nah I don't think so. It's absurd to even suggest shooting at that distance your shot placement is good enough or the projectile residual energy is adequate? The variables here are myriad and the chances of wounding an animal you won't recover are far too high, speaking as an experienced hunter. But who am I to comment 🙄

Define long range, what's the ethical limits? This individual is out at 1200 yards supposedly 'hunting' nah I don't think so. It's absurd to even suggest shooting at that distance your shot placement is good enough or the projectile residual energy is adequate? The variables here are myriad and the chances of wounding an animal you won't recover are far too high, speaking as an experienced hunter. But who am I to comment 🙄
Everyone has to determine their own ethical range limits, which include ballistics, the conditions, one's ability and especially one's failures.

View attachment 513835

Handloads, a steady rest, and a Tikka.

And practice. Lots of practice.

P
Exactly, with lots of practice from field positions. Except I have a Savage UL / Proof Research with the bolt is on the wrong side. LOL!.

Five-shot group, sitting off a BOG Havoc tripod, at 591 yards - cold shot is where my finger is.

Attachments

• 1000001502.jpg
    1000001502.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 23