Are the Eld x bullets that bad

LOL! The moon was just past the full moon phase.

Seriously, though, I had set my elk maximum kill velocity for the ELD-X at 2000fps, which was about 750 yards out of the 7mm PRC in those environmental conditions. I was the bull elk who did his job.

When you can get the elk to comply…..it surely beats you having to do a "reverse stalk"! 😂 memtb

No muzzle brake….utter blasphemy! 😉 memtb
Personally I figured if the AR type rifles came with one, why not have it on everything. So I have it from 22-250 to 375H&H. Those who complain next time they can just couble up in ear protection.

Personally I figured if the AR type rifles came with one, why not have it on everything. So I have it from 22-250 to 375H&H. Those who complain next time they can just couble up in ear protection.

I'm glad that I only shoot with my wife…..she has the same disdain for brakes as I!

I wanted to put one on her .338 WM, but she hates them and told me……"if you wanna run with the big dogs you can't **** like a pup"! She ain't scared to run with the big dogs! 😉 memtb

I'm glad that I only shoot with my wife…..she has the same disdain for brakes as I!

I wanted to put one on her .338 WM, but she hates them and told me……"if you wanna run with the big dogs you can't **** like a pup"! She ain't scared to run with the big dogs! 😉 memtb
I don't have a problem with recoil. I shot 114 rounds of 300WBY without a brake. But once I shot with the brake, I said why not?

I don't have a problem with recoil. I shot 114 rounds of 300WBY without a brake. But once I shot with the brake, I said why not?

They do tame recoil….a lot. But, cannot or better yet will not hunt with ear protection…..so, I'll deal with the recoil.

The only time my rifle really jolts me is from the bench. With component prices and shortages, plus I'm a cheap hoarder…..I cringe every time I burn 90+ grains of powder and send a $1.20 bullet downrange! 🙂 memtb

Neither do I. I have used a 340 Weatherby for the last 9 years until going with the 7mm PRC.