Any good 80 lb bows come out recently?

Cameron is a lot bigger these days then when I met him at a deer camp 20-some years ago....hit the gym...train theright muscle groups.....

I was really really impressed with the Matthews Lift when I tested it at the local archery shop. Tried both the 29.5 and the 33. I couldn't really tell the difference other than the size, but I only shot them about 10x each.
You can get either one in 80lbs.

I was really really impressed with the Matthews Lift when I tested it at the local archery shop. Tried both the 29.5 and the 33. I couldn't really tell the difference other than the size, but I only shot them about 10x each.
You can get either one in 80lbs.
I also played with the Lift 33 at my local pro shop. I liked it. I like longer ATA for longer distance.

i just didn't think it offered anything more than my Revolt X80. Specs are basically the same, except Mathew's still uses modules.
Maybe I should research and go look at it again.

I messed with the PSE mach 34 as well in 80 lbs. I strongly disliked the PSE.

I shoot an 80lb Hoyt Ventum Pro 33. I chose aluminum for the vibration and noise dampening compared to carbon. It absolutely shoots great. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to pick up one of their newer aluminum models for 2024 if I felt inclined to upgrade. I just don't. This thing hammers. I have a 30" draw and am shooting a 520gr. arrow at 290fps. Full pass through on a giant bodied bull at 68 yards with a grim reaper pro mechanical. Im 180lbs and can pull back this bow like nothing. Seated and kneeling, no problem.

IMG_0270.jpeg

IMG_9916.jpeg

IMG_2840.jpeg

I shoot an 80lb Hoyt Ventum Pro 33. I chose aluminum for the vibration and noise dampening compared to carbon. It absolutely shoots great. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to pick up one of their newer aluminum models for 2024 if I felt inclined to upgrade. I just don't. This thing hammers. I have a 30" draw and am shooting a 520gr. arrow at 290fps. Full pass through on a giant bodied bull at 68 yards with a grim reaper pro mechanical. Im 180lbs and can pull back this bow like nothing. Seated and kneeling, no problem.
Thanks for the numbers, and nice animals!
What's the closest in specs for the 2024 lineup, RX-8 ultra?

" I chose aluminum for the vibration and noise dampening compared to carbon".
are you saying carbon had more vibration and noise or you choose it for such? must be not tuned or defective carbon.

I'm new to the possibility of hunting with a bow so I'm curious to know why a person would need an 80# bow? Based on my state regulations, 80# is twice minimum required. Can someone enlighten me? PM me if this is a hijack. Thanks.

Thanks for the numbers, and nice animals!
What's the closest in specs for the 2024 lineup, RX-8 ultra?
I have no idea dude. I haven't looked at any of the new bows honestly.

I'm new to the possibility of hunting with a bow so I'm curious to know why a person would need an 80# bow? Based on my state regulations, 80# is twice minimum required. Can someone enlighten me? PM me if this is a hijack. Thanks.
It's better basically, as long as you can pull it back and hold it back without any issues. You can shoot a heavier arrow with a more accurate expandable head, and still get deep penetration as if you were shooting a fixed blade. Every shot that someone would kill an animal with a 60lb bow, you would also kill with an 80lb bow. But definitely not the other way around.

newer 60LB bows can do what old 70-80lb could. shot placement is the key as well.
KE calculators are available online
Kinetic_Energy_Recommendations_e4919c42-f42b-468d-be3f-9f3c8988a0d2_1024x1024[1].png