Airguns Only: Some Florida Hunting

tnbndr

Was down in Florida shooting some sporting clays, visiting with friends and hired a guide to take me out and hunt Iguanas with an Air Rifle.
They are invasive to Florida so there are no limits and no license required. Just observe cruelty to animal laws. Quick clean kills and carcass retrieval.
And yes some are used for eating, cook just like chicken wings, I did not get to try any though. Meat is sold to alligator farms for feed. Hides used to make wallets, purses, etc.
IMG_8939.jpg
IMG_8319.HEIC.JPEG
IMG_8865.jpg
IMG_8870.jpg

Sign me up! Been playing with a .25 cal. Airforce Condor SS. This rifle is loving the JSB Match "King Heavy Diabolo" 34 grain pills!

What are you guys using?
Guide was using an FX Impact M3 in .25, I was using an Edgun Leshiy2 in .22 shooting JSB Diabolo in 18.13gr.
Both will get the job done as will your Condor in .25.
Ideal target is between the eye and the "ear" will turn the switch off instantly. They are tough critters.

Was down in Florida shooting some sporting clays, visiting with friends and hired a guide to take me out and hunt Iguanas with an Air Rifle.
They are invasive to Florida so there are no limits and no license required. Just observe cruelty to animal laws. Quick clean kills and carcass retrieval.
And yes some are used for eating, cook just like chicken wings, I did not get to try any though. Meat is sold to alligator farms for feed. Hides used to make wallets, purses, etc.
View attachment 545812View attachment 545813View attachment 545814View attachment 545816
WOW!
Looks like a fun hunt. Like the color of them and would probably like to eat them.
I guess if you did it a lot you can make some money selling the meat and especially the skins!
Those Guides make double $$$. Have you pay to take you and then get paid for everyone you shoot.
Would like to get a few live ones and turn them loose in the back yard to compete with squirrels and armadillos. I guess you have to have water around. They recently built a Reservoir about a mile from around our home. I wonder what they eat?
The guy with the Big Orange Iguanas one looks familiar.

They are good eating for sure Mr.Len. They are vegetarians and eat tropical flowers so they are in yards and urban settings. Very white meat like frog legs. Great trip and we even caught a few peacock bass along the way

Thanks

Buck
Buck
WOW
Pecock Bass - they can get pretty big and put up a Good Fight.
The big one
MONSTER!!!
The Japanese would use them in Movies back in the 60s with Godzilla!!!

Last edited:
They are good eating for sure Mr.Len. They are vegetarians and eat tropical flowers so they are in yards and urban settings. Very white meat like frog legs. Great trip and we even caught a few peacock bass along the way

Thanks

Buck
WOW Peacock Bass- They can get BIG and are good fighting fish.
Sounds like a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!
tnbndr looks like he had a GREAT time!!!