Long range Airgun hunting

lil mac

What's your longest kill shot with and airgun and what equipment did you use? Mine is a ground squirrel ranged at 92 yards. I'm running a Theoben Rapid .25 cal at 52fpe. With JSB pellets, Hawke scope

Pretty good Lil Mac. Our longest so far is a 65-yd. 2nd shot on a frog in the Philippines. I go there every year for vacation,and hunt/shoot airguns some. It was with an old Eskopeta foot pump AG 22 cal. with local pellets. Chairgun was dead on the nose for ~30 MOA of UP from something like a 17-yd. zero at about 550 mv i think it was. It took 2 shots 'cause my nephew shoots fast and doesn't want to wait for my calcs. A frog has a great meat report though when hit by a pellet. Kinda' like a "TAWK" sound. Used the lower post of the 3-9X PFI Rapid Reticle scope i took over last year.

We're gonna try for another long-ranger with a locally-made vintage air pistol this year,and it has shot to 70-yds. on coke can-sized targets. Have a 2X Swift on top of it with a homemade target turret.

Outstanding shooting sscoyote!! I was after them (ground squirrels) again on Friday. Missed one at 74 yards, tried to shoot between gusts of wind, didn't work out. But managed to shoot three at close range 30, 25 and 23 yards. Used the same set up.

Was at it again today, this time my son was with me. Used the Theoben again. He shot two ground squirrels one at 60 and the other at 73. I got a piegon at 47 yards. Sorry no pics. I'll start taking pics and post them up.

Be nice to see 'em sir. Will try and get a pic of the international airgunning long-range endeavour as well shortly.

My longest kill was a potgut at 165Y. Many past 100Y.

Another I'm proud of was a Jackrabbit at 109Y that I shot offhand with a prefect center chest hit. 4 mil holdover with .5 mil left holdoff.

All done with a FX Royale 22 cal at 30lbs with JSB 18's.

I have two that Im proud of on little ground squirrels, the first was at 119y and the second was 118y I said after the shot (you little bugger why couldn't you have been further) the guy I was saying that to said why didn't you just backup, I didn't think of that ;~( lol

The rifle was a AAS510 Extra FAC .177cal 8.4gr JSB @ 1,076fps

I think I hit one in the leg or the foot at 212yards on the second shot (gotta love the dust that kicks up to show you the point of impact) this was all done over in SW Idaho two years ago.

Take care guys John C

I haven't been out in a while but the ground squirrels are coming up, have seen a lot of the big males running around. Time to get the o'l theoben out!!!

220 yards on a cottontail bunny with an Edgun Matador .25. It took me 6 shots, but i hit it. My dad is my witness.

I would like to share something I found that really works great for long range air rifles shooting . Add the HHA optimizer under your scope . Don't try to use the tapes they make just make your own marks on the speed dial and you can set your scopes zero at any distance you want out to 400 yards or more . Here is what I did . I set my scope so its optically centered I turn the speed dial to my first mark that I made at 10 yards . I then made a mark at 20 ,30, 40 ect as of now to 200 yards I use my turrets to adjust from the marks . But the main thing is you will never run out of scope turret adjustment I zero my scope turrets to the opticial center point so I always know my center point . Lets say I want to take a shot at 200 yards I dial the speed dial to 200 I make sure I'm on my zeros on my turrets and adjust my left and right from that point . Its fast and easy .And I'm looking at my target from a perfectly optically centered view through the scope . I'm still working on how far I can adjust the speed dial and still have my scope on the center crosshairs at 200 yards I still have a lot of dial adjustment left so it looks like 400 yards is possible with out having to adjust the turrets up and down . [ame]https://youtu.be/tip2XfLshwQ[/ame]

RWS 48 .177 ground squirrels at 100 plus yards.
Lately it is the Kalibrgun Cricket Bullpup in .25, Athlon BTR 8-34x56. Ground squirrels at over 100 yards are common.

Let's get this going again.

All one shot kills with my AirForce Condor SS 22 cal and either JSB 18.1s or Crossman 14.3 HPs.

Pidgeon - 103 yards
Starling - 83 yds
Bar Neck Dove - 105 yds.

Having a hard time justifying any other pellet than the Crossman 14.1s at $5.85 a hundred.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts