7PRC - Peterson brass - Redding bushing?

Anyone having clickers with a standard spec 7mm prc SAAMI chamber? I've had issues with clickers on my 6.5 prc since the first reloading with mild charges so curious if this issue is happening for anyone with the 7mm prc.
That seems to be a problem across all of the PRC cartridges. Hornady has yet to address it.

Alex Wheeler has a reamer design that is supposed to resolve that issue.

That seems to be a problem across all of the PRC cartridges. Hornady has yet to address it.

Compare the "B" dimensions

Screenshot_20230922_093853_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230922_093901_Samsung Notes.jpg

It's when the web , .200" up from the base, doesn't get sized down enough by your sizing die. The fat web sticks in the chamber and the primary extraction breaks it free resulting in a clicking feel at the top of the bolt lift. It's caused by an incompatibility of the die and chamber. Usually the fix is a sizing die that sizes the base 2 to 3 thou tighter.

I turn my necks to my desired thickness and the. Get a bushing that's .004 than the OD and then use a mandrel expander to the desired ID to set proper neck tension.

I think in my 7MM I was using .311 or .310.. I'm on my couch now and don't feel like gettin up to check.. lol
Question? Why cut you necks to thickness, Then go through the step to size down and mandrel back out. Your are using new brass to start with. The I.D should be set and the exterior is where the uneveness is at. So cutting your neck for thickness first, you should be done with uneven necks.
Why work the brass so many times? Now that new brass that hasn't been fired or anything except out of the box to start with.
Using a bushing die I have found that once the thickness is set, I can set the I.D. of the neck with a bushing to required tension.
So you are only working your brass once, instead of 3 or 4 times. The only thing I haven't figure out yet is springback of the neck yet is need.
You can back into bush size by. Figuring the bullet O.D., the neck thickness x's 2, plus tension -2 to 3 th.

I turn my necks to have consistency. With new brass I only turn off about .0005 or .001 at the most so that theyre uniform. I then anneal and then FL resize with a bushing only .001 to work harden the brass and then I mandrel expand to set the desired tension for bullet seating.

Again, I do this all for consistency. after firing, I always anneal and then FL resize with a neck bushing and then mandrel expand to set the bullet seating tension. I shoot for precision and am a bit crazy about squeezing out every drop of accuracy I can out of my reloads. Also, by doing it the same way everytime, it makes for no excuses as to why a flyer or weird result ocurred downrange.

I turn my necks to have consistency. With new brass I only turn off about .0005 or .001 at the most so that theyre uniform. I then anneal and then FL resize with a bushing only .001 to work harden the brass and then I mandrel expand to set the desired tension for bullet seating.

Again, I do this all for consistency. after firing, I always anneal and then FL resize with a neck bushing and then mandrel expand to set the bullet seating tension. I shoot for precision and am a bit crazy about squeezing out every drop of accuracy I can out of my reloads. Also, by doing it the same way everytime, it makes for no excuses as to why a flyer or weird result ocurred downrange.
You are working your brass a lot. Asking for problem a little farther down the road.
I set up and check all my brass for length. Then cut all to same length. Cut necks for thickness. Done. Size to .002 under bullet O.D. and load. I anneal after each shot. Bump and size the case again to reload. I also volume weight my cases too. Clean flashholes, check primer depth. Uniform the primer pockets. Set Primers to within a .001 or less.
I feel you are asking for a lot of split necks not much farther down the road. If that what works you then that find too.

You are working your brass a lot. Asking for problem a little farther down the road.
I set up and check all my brass for length. Then cut all to same length. Cut necks for thickness. Done. Size to .002 under bullet O.D. and load. I anneal after each shot. Bump and size the case again to reload. I also volume weight my cases too. Clean flashholes, check primer depth. Uniform the primer pockets. Set Primers to within a .001 or less.
I feel you are asking for a lot of split necks not much farther down the road. If that what works you then that find too.
I appreciate your concern however I have not had anythign of the sort happen after thousands of rounds downrange. I think I may not be properly explaining every step in detail because itll take awhile to outline. That said, I believe we're both following safe practices just have differring opinions on our processes. Happy shooting my friend!

Mike -
Is the Alex Wheeler '7 PRC AW' reamer available??
Where would a person order one?
Has anyone used one to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!

I'm waiting on more feedback concerning ADG brass and those that have saami chambers concerning clicking issues. I have spoken to JGS and also have an AW copy. I have also spoken to Manson and they have a reamer that has .5340 at the .200 line. Making it a fat saami? I have a 1/8 twist 3b ready for this build as stated, need more info, .002 at the .200 line or .003?