7mmSTW Picture Thread

hawker, bean, stw...

Glad you guys feel the same way about it I do! It was my first full custom build and I love it.

I'm kicking myself now because I can't find the pictures of groups I've shot with it. The best 3 shot group I've had was probably 2-4 inches on steel at 875 yards. My buddy shot a 3-shot group on paper at 200 that I wish I could have mic'd. I can almost guarantee that it wouldn't have been much over .284 and thats probably as good a group as I've ever seen in my life out of any gun.

I was running 180 Bergers at 3140 .003 jammed. I've just fireformed my first batch of Norma brass and have some 180 hybrids to try out when the sinclair delivery comes with my neck bushing this week. I'll post my findings in the stw reloading thread.

The only thing I would change about the gun is the brake and barrel contour.

I like the vias brake but kinda wish I had gone with something like Darrel Holland's brake. Just looks different than the 'cookie cutter' vias and doesn't blow **** everywhere when you shoot prone. Might pay the extra $$$ to switch one in down the road. Probably not but maybe.

I wanted a gun that was 10-10.5 lbs finished and ended up at 12.75. Not a big deal but it got a little heavy on my mule deer hunt at 10,000 ft. But when it came time to fold up my deer the 2 extra lbs was the last thing on my mind.

hawker, bean, stw...

Glad you guys feel the same way about it I do! It was my first full custom build and I love it.

I'm kicking myself now because I can't find the pictures of groups I've shot with it. The best 3 shot group I've had was probably 2-4 inches on steel at 875 yards. My buddy shot a 3-shot group on paper at 200 that I wish I could have mic'd. I can almost guarantee that it wouldn't have been much over .284 and thats probably as good a group as I've ever seen in my life out of any gun.

I was running 180 Bergers at 3140 .003 jammed. I've just fireformed my first batch of Norma brass and have some 180 hybrids to try out when the sinclair delivery comes with my neck bushing this week. I'll post my findings in the stw reloading thread.

I like the vias brake but kinda wish I had gone with something like Darrel Holland's brake. Just looks different than the 'cookie cutter' vias and doesn't blow **** everywhere when you shoot prone. Might pay the extra $$$ to switch one in down the road. Probably not but maybe.

I wanted a gun that was 10-10.5 lbs finished and ended up at 12.75. Not a big deal but it got a little heavy on my mule deer hunt at 10,000 ft. But when it came time to fold up my deer the 2 extra lbs was the last thing on my mind.

Sounds like a real keeper!

What's the twist on the barrel?

Thanks!

I knew I would forget something in the description.

It's 1-8.5 because I had a feeling someone would try a heavier 7mm bullet down the road that would require more twist. Sure enough Berger now has that 195gr floating around. I might try it one day once they put it into production and add it to their full line.

That is totally awesome, with that barrel length I'd say you have more stopping power and accuracy than a 300wm at 26". Awesome...

What did the break cost and how is it on sound and recoil?

Eshore, that's one sick rig! Love that whole setup! Wish it was sitting in my safe. LOL

Hang on to that thing, if she's shooting lights out. I wouldn't change a thing, honestly....But that's my opinion, and you're rifle. You know how that goes. LOL

Seriously, that thing is pure nastiness.

hawker, bean, stw...

Well I'd say it definitely shoots as good as it looks then and that's pretty rare.

I'm curious. I've seen where a lot of people feel like the 5r barrels tend to "run fast" compared to standard old school riflings when comparing apples to apples.

Does yours seem to "run fast" or do you have anything to compare it to?

Group I mentioned at 875
IMAG0105.jpg.html

IMAG0105.jpg.html

Did this from my phone. Hope it works.

If you have a PhotoBucket account, post the IMG Code (Image Code) into the text box. Then just hit "Submit", as if you were typing out a regular response.

In PhotoBucket, click on the IMG Code itself, then Right Click and Paste it into the text box. Pretty simple stuff.

yeah. messed it up on the droid somehow. im familiar with how to do it through the pc.

875 yds. without wind would have been better but thats always the case isnt it? lol

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

yeah. messed it up on the droid somehow. im familiar with how to do it through the pc.

875 yds. without wind would have been better but thats always the case isnt it? lol

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

Yup, that's a Eastern Shore Bird for **** sure, great shootin there dude. Maybe I'll hook up with you when I go home in July! Gotta do a little " crop damage control ". :D

Yup, that's a Eastern Shore Bird for **** sure, great shootin there dude. Maybe I'll hook up with you when I go home in July! Gotta do a little " crop damage control ". :D

Just give me some heads up when you know your coming and I can probably make it work. I'll even let you burn a couple down with the old girl if you want.

Just give me some heads up when you know your coming and I can probably make it work. I'll even let you burn a couple down with the old girl if you want.

I'll take you up on that, and I'll have a couple of MY sweethearts with me, and I'll do the same. They are thick as flies down around where I hunt, even now! Again, nice shooting three Bud.