7mmSTW Picture Thread

It ain't a 7mm but it's an STW.

.270STW bought from Truc here on LRH.

2013-01-31_11-37-53_792_zpsb686ee25.jpg

008.jpg

005.jpg

2013-01-31_11-36-43_689_zps7c7815b6.jpg

1bamashooter, I have seen that rifle before, and if my buddy " Truc" owned it, it shoots. In fact, I bought a barrel from him that he had bought to rebarrel your rifle, IF he ever shot it out. Well, neither one happened, so I bought the barrel, and you got the gun. That thing must SMOKE !

Here's my custom build. Not an ideal hunting rig, but it's a 7mm STW through and through.
Started out as a Sako m995 TRGs.
The action now has a Kreiger SS 1-9 Barrel, JP Bennie Cooley Brake, Whiskey 3 Chassis, Leupold Mark 4 in Optilock rings, and a Mystic Precision M-Pod.
If the weather ever breaks I will get to the range to try it out.

That's NICE! How you like the Whiskey 3 chassis? Been thinking about one for my 5R .308...

I really like it. Now in saying that I haven't fired a shot out of the rifle yet. It's the first custom rifle I have ever built so i don't have much to compare it to.
It is really well build. There is a few great video reviews on youtube about it.

I really like it. Now in saying that I haven't fired a shot out of the rifle yet. It's the first custom rifle I have ever built so i don't have much to compare it to.
It is really well build. There is a few great video reviews on youtube about it.

Fire, I'm going to change your name to the " Terminator". :D dude that rig is Smoking cool.

Here's my custom build. Not an ideal hunting rig, but it's a 7mm STW through and through.
Started out as a Sako m995 TRGs.
The action now has a Kreiger SS 1-9 Barrel, JP Bennie Cooley Brake, Whiskey 3 Chassis, Leupold Mark 4 in Optilock rings, and a Mystic Precision M-Pod.
If the weather ever breaks I will get to the range to try it out.

... .
On a 10 scale that things running about a 13 for "cool factor". If I had one like it I'm not sure what I'd ever do with it except to set up for some long range ambush shots but **** it definitely has "a look".

I'm sure if you set it next to one of my hunting rigs and we took pictures and showed them to idiot liberals they'd swear to be damned we should label yours an "Evil Assault Weapon" though LOLgun)

On a 10 scale that things running about a 13 for "cool factor". If I had one like it I'm not sure what I'd ever do with it except to set up for some long range ambush shots but **** it definitely has "a look".

I'm sure if you set it next to one of my hunting rigs and we took pictures and showed them to idiot liberals they'd swear to be damned we should label yours an "Evil Assault Weapon" though LOLgun)

Screw the liberals.....They don't know their *** from a hole in the ground...

Screw the liberals.....They don't know their *** from a hole in the ground...

It seems they will never understand that the look of something doesn't make it evil. I've had this rifle built for a month or 2 now, and it has yet to do any harm to anyone. Amazing, I know, because it looks like that's the sole purpose of it. Another thing the anti-gun folks don't understand, that a firearm can't hurt anyone without an operator. It's probably all the cars driving around drunk on their own without drivers killing people that makes them think like that.

Wildrose, I built this rifle to see what I can do accuracy wise, as far out as I can. It will not likely every be used for hunting. Unless hunting steel plates is considered hunting.

The "Terminator" man, does that look like a deadly rig to sit behind.! You need a 7stw cartridge in that chassis, no smart animal is going to get close to that! NICE...

-7mm STW - .313 Neck - throated for 180 Bergers
-Donor Rem 700 Action - trued, bushed, lugs lapped, bedded, GTR lite steel firing pin...the whole 9 by Gre'-Tan Rifles
-Kreiger 5R - 28" finished length - fluted - #8 contour - 1 in 8.5 twist
-Grey Bull Precision Stock
-Vias Break
-Bolt fluted and tactical knob by Kampfeld Customs
-Jewell Trigger set at 2.5 lbs
-Leupold Mark 4 base (20moa), rings, and 6.5-20x50
-All metal Cerakote finished with the "aluminum" color
-Total weight was 12lb 12oz

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

Last edited:
-Donor Rem 700 Action - trued, bushed, lugs lapped, bedded, GTR lite steel firing pin...the whole 9 by Gre'-Tan Rifles
-Kreiger 5R - 28" finished length - fluted - #8 contour
-Vias Break

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

That is a sweeeeet set-up!

How does it shoot?

-Vias Break

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00066.jpg
Thats an awesome rig

-Vias Break

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

Dude, that is a Big Bad, Daddy Rabbit killer machine!!!:D Seriously, that thing looks like it's going 300 miles an hour, just sitting there! Nice job, enjoy! But then again, how can you not? WOW.