7mmSTW Picture Thread

Did you rechamber this with a drill? How'd you stabilized it?
Probably had a smith do it. Or, if he had a barrel vise, lathe, reamer, and headspace gauge he could do it.

He probably just used the reamer in a t-handle and slowly opened it up little-by-little while constantly checking it with a go & no-go gauge.

Here's pics of the new STW... My buddy did need the money afterall, so I decided to help him out. And help myself out at the same time... :D

Trued 700 action, 26" Sendero 7mm STW barrel, old style trigger, 5R MilSpec HS Precision stock, and it's never even had a round fired through it. It was built by my gunsmith, so I know it was built right.

556C4ABA-3FB4-4A54-819D-AE7C7DC88C0F_zpsfkznwco4.jpg

A1F8F45E-3C8B-45CA-8C2E-420E778069DE_zpsgcddxrwu.jpg

993E37C1-33D2-40AF-958F-B38A85D188DC_zpsuidwpy5o.jpg

Here's pics of the new STW... My buddy did need the money afterall, so I decided to help him out. And help myself out at the same time... :D

Trued 700 action, 26" Sendero 7mm STW barrel, old style trigger, 5R MilSpec HS Precision stock, and it's never even had a round fired through it. It was built by my gunsmith, so I know it was built right.

556C4ABA-3FB4-4A54-819D-AE7C7DC88C0F_zpsfkznwco4.jpg

A1F8F45E-3C8B-45CA-8C2E-420E778069DE_zpsgcddxrwu.jpg

993E37C1-33D2-40AF-958F-B38A85D188DC_zpsuidwpy5o.jpg

nice rifle Muddy!!! ..... did anyone else notice he has Varget??? :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm jealous mud...you always have nice rifles. Remington's always have clean lines.

I'm jealous mud...you always have nice rifles. Remington's always have clean lines.
Thanks man! I try.

Well, some people invest in having a family and settling down. I invest in being single and having really nice stuff. My guns never nagg me or tell me I spend too much money on them. Hahaha!

Don't get me wrong, I love women, but I ain't found one I'm willing to tolerate or trust enough to be bound contractually and spiritually with...Without a pre-nup of course. And I don't know any who believe in "the power of love" enough to sign one. Women these days only love you as far as your money will take them...Then they move on to the next sucker.

New guy to the forum and here is my entry in the 7mm STW class. Found a 26" medium weight barrel on Numrich web site. I stripped down a Savage 110 and installed the new barrel. It has a (9/16-28) thread protector on it but there is a hole on the sides as well. Supposed to be a factory barrel but I saw a "circle D" on the shank, so Douglas? I opened up the barrel channel on a factory birch wood stock, added a pair of cross bolts, glassed in the action, then gave it the Krylon touch. I look forward to a try out soon. Scope is a Vortex Viper 6-24 x50 on Warne mounts and rings. I put a single shot follower on the blind magazine, so no worries about feeding a repeater here! A low dollar project that may deliver...hope so!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 29
I'll give you $100 for it, cash, right now! :D That's all I got on me with bills and crap. Gotta pay out about $750 in bills this week (and that's not even my mortgage...).

I would, but my buddy wants to buy it back....Kinda like a pawn shop deal. He needed the cash, I helped him out, and it's in my possession till he buys it back.

You still got that BF 7mmRM? PM me with a number on it...