7mmSTW Picture Thread

I had been looking at this for a long time now and finally picked it up

700 Rem action Trued w/ Sako extractor
Looks to be a Palma contour w/ muzzle brake fluted of course, chambered in 7 STW
McMillan Stock
Jewell trigger
Built by TarHunt
Problem is my 8mm Brass that had been fired will not fit, so if anyone could sell 20 pieces of new brass let me know
Try using a full-length 7mm STW sizing die for the 8mm RM brass.

Try using a full-length 7mm STW sizing die for the 8mm RM brass.

I only use FL sizing dies, it looks like I'm not sizing enough down at the base, maybe one of those collet dies might work, but don't know off hand where to get one. I do have two that weren't fired and they chamber fine.

+1 for Mudrunner. I have been shooting a 7STW since 1992. Only brass available was 8mag. Since I also have an 8mag it was quite simple to run brass through the FL STW die. IMO, you need to full size, not partial resize. After firing in the STW, adjust the STW die to just set the shoulder back .002 or so.

Here is my lefty 7stw I had built. It started as a 7RM, rebarreled with 26" bartlein 9 twist, and a brake. It all sits in a HS Precision stock.

It's been too dang cold up here to shoot but I'm excited to try it out. I'm going to start with 150 grain TTSX I have from my Ruger 7RM. I also plan on working up a load for the 180 grian VLD's.

I need to buy some scope rings to put my VX-3 6.5-20x40 on it. Any suggestions for a set of good steel rings?

Attachments

• STW1.jpg
    STW1.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 39
  • STW.jpg
    STW.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 35
Here is my lefty 7stw I had built. It started as a 7RM, rebarreled with 26" bartlein 9 twist, and a brake. It all sits in a HS Precision stock.

It's been too dang cold up here to shoot but I'm excited to try it out. I'm going to start with 150 grain TTSX I have from my Ruger 7RM. I also plan on working up a load for the 180 grian VLD's.

I need to buy some scope rings to put my VX-3 6.5-20x40 on it. Any suggestions for a set of good steel rings?
TPS TSR rings are what I run. Never an issue. Built just like NF & Badger, and just as strong. But they do cost 1/2 the price. :D

Figured I'd revive this thread with a few updated pics of the ole STW...

She now wears a Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50 with the BDC reticle, and locked down with Seekins Precision rings.

FB996B84-C31B-4EF2-B92B-3B67CBE1DF37_zps1f8ilgw8.jpg

46E3B4D2-47EC-4DCA-A019-2DD1C2829F7E_zpsouirllf1.jpg

341F33F8-0708-4419-898F-06716EE3B2A8_zpsnsolc87o.jpg

Here is my 7STW becoming a "long shooter"...I hope!!:cool: As I had it built in '92, Rem 700 action, Douglas air gauged stainless 26" barrel, 1/10. Stock is a McMillan, over the years I have free floated the barrel, added a Zeiss 2.5-10. Also a Jewell trigger. And that has been the platform till now. Accuracy was as good as I can shoot these days, eyes aren't as good, more shakes, but on A good day, I can still put some good groups together. As it was could put them into under an inch....see accompanying target, Nos 160AB, 77.5 gr of RL 25, 100 yds. The hole at 10o'clock was me not being able to stand the pressure!!!!:D....Just kidding, I think it was the wife standing behind me!!! The group repeats and I have done about 3/4 " at 300 yds anyhow, picture shows changes...A 20 moa rail, and a 6X24 Swarovski PV that I robbed from my Ruger Number 1 220 Swift. Further plans are to pillar bed and also bed the recoil lug and tang. Having said all that, any more thoughts?? For sure, I need to practice, practice, practice!!!:). Target picture follows on the next post, can't get both up together.....

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 33
Thanks etis,

Yes, it hits hard. Have taken quite a few white tails with it. Thought I might get a few more suggestions, but maybe I'm on the right track anyway!!

Recent Posts