7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

You've got a better chance of winning the lottery!!! Butterbean, has first dibs, and I KNOW I at least get sloppy seconds. But I must admit, he is a SHOW off!!! And I LOVE it:D. You go Gamehawker!!!!!!

Bob,

You definitely got that that right. :D

I told my wife if something ever happens to me (and you may never know with my health issues) Lee gets the first dibs of the twins and you get the second!

I feel that they could not go to better people and I know who will appreciate them! :)

LOL, I like you said, I do admit too. "I'm a little bit of a SHOW off! :cool:

Thanks for the welcome, Love this set-up luckily for me it was used or I'd still be looking. Just got in a box of ammo-- thats' nobodies 22 hornet--.
hope to have pics and if not long tales at least tall ones.

Happyshooting

Update : Killed a 7 point Whitetail this morning. 220yds. DRT dropped like a sack of rocks. I shot this deer with a 180 VLD behind the shoulder and found the bullet fragments just under the hide in the top of his neck. Internial damage was like a bomb went off. Not exactly my choice of results. I will be glad when I get my LRX's loaded up.

that the Choate Varmint stock for a m70?

Well I got my build barreled up and in the stock tonight for mock up. I didn't get pictures however, I get some tomorrow a long with some requested pictures of a couple other builds. I got the stock milled out for the 1 piece bottom metal and the wyatts box. I'm still waiting on my magnum extractor to show up so i can finish chamber it and headspace it (I can do it without the extractor but it's just faster and easier being able to extract the gauges.
With any luck I'll chamber, and thread and crown the barrel and get a picture of the ridiculous muzzle brake Im putting on this thing. lol.

lightbulbHey guys, Ive been off for awhile and Ive only read up to page 363!
So in the intereset of time im just going to throw this out here:

I bought a Savage LRH 111 in 7mm Rem mag and as I have stated before I cant turn it into a 7stw due to the magazine length constraints.

So what do you know about the 7/375 Ruger? I'm about 95% sure that is where I want to go and will add the horsepower to this gun.

The 7LRM is a great cartridge but it bumps back the shoulder and is not a "ream a new chamber-keep the same barrel" kind of job. It requires a new barrel and chamber and the proprietary brass.

7/300 win (mashburn ) is an option but i thint the 7/375 Ruger will out perform it too.

So has anyone built one?

You've got a better chance of winning the lottery!!! Butterbean, has first dibs, and I KNOW I at least get sloppy seconds. But I must admit, he is a SHOW off!!! And I LOVE it:D. You go Gamehawker!!!!!!
Oh I know.....I just like to imagine the absolute slightest possibility of having a twin...It gives me a reason to live. :D

Bob,

You definitely got that that right. :D

I told my wife if something ever happens to me (and you may never know with my health issues) Lee gets the first dibs of the twins and you get the second!

I feel that they could not go to better people and I know who will appreciate them! :)

LOL, I like you said, I do admit too. "I'm a little bit of a SHOW off! :cool:
Since I won't have my twin, you could atleast sell me the LSS .257 Wby....I am still kicking myself in the *** for not buying one of those new back in 09 when I had the opportunity........

Since I won't have my twin, you could atleast sell me the LSS .257 Wby....I am still kicking myself in the *** for not buying one of those new back in 09 when I had the opportunity........

Interesting, I guess you are reading my mind because I am thinking about selling my LSS .257 Wby. I took it up to my gunsmith yesterday and got the little kinks worked out of it. It was grouping .67 MOA before but I bet it will now do .25 MOA now. It also has the action bedded and a aftermarket replacement Jewell trigger (factory set by Jewell at 1 pound pull) like my 7mm STW Senderos.

I'll let you know if I put it on GunBroker. My LSS .257 Wby is pristine (only has a slight mark on the bolt handle and it came with a slight dent on the stock when I bought it new) and only has about 150 rounds through it.

The last LSS .257 Wby (it was used and it did not have it tuned by a gunsmith, it did not have the action bedded and it did not have a Jewell trigger) sold on Gunbroker for $1,350. I bet that LSS .257 Wby was not near as accurate as mine is! :)

REMINGTON MOD. 700 LSS 257 WEATHERBY mag : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Going to shoot my 257 weatherby now. Also my 6.5 X284. Time for barrel Break in, cleaning, and seeing how it shoots!!! Stw is about 2 weeks out

Please let me know before you put it on GB As we might could work something out prior to the action. Never been a big auction fan. Had too many bad experiences on ebay. :D I don't use PayPal or any of that type of stuff. I can just send you a MO, and you can ship to my local FFL. He only charges $25 for long-guns. Pretty good folks, but their selection kinda sucks. But really helpful when it comes to transfers and stuff. LOL

You can shoot me a PM and we can discuss pricing and stuff. Also, would like a price with and without the scope setup, if you'd be willing to part with it.

I love my Accumark .257 Wby, but that sucker is so heavy you might as well be lugging around a cinder block through the woods... The LSS is a fair bit lighter weight. Been wanting to shoot one for a while to compare recoil and smoothness vs my Accumark.

Anyway, let me know. Thanks.

Interesting, I guess you are reading my mind because I am thinking about selling my LSS .257 Wby. I took it up to my gunsmith yesterday and got the little kinks worked out of it. It was grouping .67 MOA before but I bet it will now do .25 MOA now. It also has the action bedded and a aftermarket replacement Jewell trigger (factory set by Jewell at 1 pound pull) like my 7mm STW Senderos.

I'll let you know if I put it on GunBroker. My LSS .257 Wby is pristine (only has a slight mark on the bolt handle and it came with a slight dent on the stock when I bought it new) and only has about 150 rounds through it.

The last LSS .257 Wby (it was used and it did not have it tuned by a gunsmith, it did not have the action bedded and it did not have a Jewell trigger) sold on Gunbroker for $1,350. I bet that LSS .257 Wby was not near as accurate as mine is! :)

REMINGTON MOD. 700 LSS 257 WEATHERBY mag : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Here's a pic of it.

Attachments

• LSS_257_WBY_PIC.jpg
    LSS_257_WBY_PIC.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 11