7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

If you can, shoot me a landscape (sideways) pic. That's one sweet rig! Maybe we can work out something for the whole setup, as-is...

If you can, shoot me a landscape (sideways) pic. That's one sweet rig! Maybe we can work out something for the whole setup, as-is...

I appreciate the offer and will let you know.

I'm going to the rifle range tomorrow morning with the LSS .257 Wby to see how it now groups after my gunsmith fine tuned it yesterday. I'm taking twin 7mm STW Senderos and my Pop's 7mm STW too! :D

I have a lot of $$ tied up with this limited, very accurate LSS .257 Wby and I think I'm not going to sell it cheap.

No matter how bad I want something, I will never let myself get burnt, or overpay for convenience. Happened once, and won't ever happen again. Usually, in my experiences, when someone says, "it won't be cheap..." They're gonna ask new retail for used equipment....I hope that's not the case. :cool:

But I am curious as to the number you might be thinking of...

Hey guys, I have a set of practically new RCBS 7mm STW dies that I should probably sell or trade. Would take $40 plus shipping if anyone is interested. I was going to build me a STW but ended up buying a 300 UM.

No matter how bad I want something, I will never let myself get burnt, or overpay for convenience. Happened once, and won't ever happen again. Usually, in my experiences, when someone says, "it won't be cheap..." They're gonna ask new retail for used equipment....I hope that's not the case. :cool:

But I am curious as to the number you might be thinking of...

Okay, I think if & when I decide to sell it I'll just put in on GunBroker and we'll see what "the going market" is for my limited, very accurate Remington 700 LSS .257 Wby (with less than 200 rounds, jewell trigger, bedded action).

When I put it on GunBroker I'll also be posting a picture of a grouping from the rifle like the the Cooper rifles and Red Hawk rifles that are sold on GunBroker with the load details.

I'm probably going to keep the scope for a future rifle.

As I said in a earlier post:

"The last Remington 700 LSS .257 Wby (it was used and it did not have it tuned by a gunsmith, it did not have the action bedded and it did not have a Jewell trigger) sold on Gunbroker for $1,350."

REMINGTON MOD. 700 LSS 257 WEATHERBY mag : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

I bet that Remington 700 LSS .257 Wby was not near as accurate as mine is!

You'll find out the number (there will be a reserve price) if and when I put it on GunBroker!

Last edited:
Dang man, you don't have to get upset, I wasn't insulting anyone's stuff. I was just stating that as of lately used products are often priced as much as retail on new ones with all the current hoarding going on. I know how nice your gun is, and wil bet it's as accurate as it can be, and guns are one of those rare investments that most of the time they hold their value, but that is insane that the used LSS's are selling for almost $1,400, when you could have bought one new in 09 for $799. My local store had several in, but I never had the cash to get one whenever they got a new one in, and they sold really quick. Which is why I went ahead and got my Mark-V AccuMark when I did have the cash, b/c there were no LSS .257's to be found at the time. And 4 of my high-end guns got stolen, 1 of which was my main deer rifle, so I had to buy something to replace it.

I wasn't talking about your price and your stuff, I was talking about in general.

Seriously though, I am interested in the rifle. Let me know when it hits gun broker. Thanks.

Okay, I think if & when I decide to sell it I'll just put in on GunBroker and we'll see what "the going market" is for my limited, very accurate Remington 700 LSS .257 Wby (with less than 200 rounds, jewell trigger, bedded action).

When I put it on GunBroker I'll also be posting a picture of a grouping from the rifle like the the Cooper rifles and Red Hawk rifles that are sold on GunBroker with the load details.

I'm probably going to keep the scope for a future rifle.

As I said in a earlier post:

"The last Remington 700 LSS .257 Wby (it was used and it did not have it tuned by a gunsmith, it did not have the action bedded and it did not have a Jewell trigger) sold on Gunbroker for $1,350."

REMINGTON MOD. 700 LSS 257 WEATHERBY mag : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

I bet that Remington 700 LSS .257 Wby was not near as accurate as mine is!

You'll find out the number (there will be a reserve price) if and when I put it on GunBroker!

I'd keep it buddy, that thing is PRICELESS!

My Thought for the Day..........." Dont argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience"

Man I'm glad I can't say how I really feel on here...So I'm gonna keep being nice and the bigger man. Life's too short to hate people you've never met on the internet...

That's a good one!!!

How is your loading component situation coming? There are a few things that are at least starting to recover, and at least I've been able to get powders for the bigger stuff anyway. Primers seem to be the biggest deal. I have 3000 215 GM's on back order. I just ordered 100 , 140 grain CT's, for my 280' and STW. They were available. I have 150, Barnes 145 grain LRX bullets, and my gun shop has 100 more on the shelf.
????.

My Thought for the Day..........." Dont argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience"

Man I'm glad I can't say how I really feel on here...So I'm gonna keep being nice and the bigger man. Life's too short to hate people you've never met on the internet...

Why would you think that post is about you?

Recent Posts