7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

So I realize this is for 7stw so I will start with that news.
My buddy just told me his brother is selling his stw. Don't you know I called him immediately. Hope it's a sendero. Now on to the picture

New savage 6.5x 284. First three shotS.... Using HSM ammo. No clue the powder but 140 gr Berger. Funny thing, and I mention it due to the wealth of knowledge here with all you guys, if I shot one cleaned with 8 patches or so and shot again, they came out like the picture. If I shot 3 in a row, 6-8 inch spread.
Interesting. I hope it's due to barrel break in but I guess I will have to see

Mario, that's some awesome shooting there Bud. Gotta love those bughole groups! I know I do. Whatever you are doing, you are on the right track.
Good luck on the STW that is for sale. Hope you score on it! Let us know! gun)

How is your loading component situation coming? There are a few things that are at least starting to recover, and at least I've been able to get powders for the bigger stuff anyway. Primers seem to be the biggest deal. I have 3000 215 GM's on back order. I just ordered 100 , 140 grain CT's, for my 280' and STW. They were available. I have 150, Barnes 145 grain LRX bullets, and my gun shop has 100 more on the shelf.
????.

7 - where are you odering your powder?

Thanks 7!!!! I'm gonna follow bean's advice!!! Keep shooting and cleaning till I break it in!!!!
I agree with you on Ben!!! GREAT WORK!!!!
Part of me wants him to stop posting cuz I should've gone with him!!!! But the rest loves his work!!!! And I guess I will deal with the envy I. Order to see those sweet rigs!!!!!hahhahaha

7 - where are you odering your powder?

Bob, my local shop justly got a huge RL series powder shipment, everything from 10-22. He forgot to get me some 25, but just ordered 6 lbs. Some is for me, and some for a friends 338 LM. He also has a adequate supply of H1000, 4831 etc. But no primers, and very little brass. No H4350, or Varget. ( I use 8208 anyway ).
He also just got a boat load of Hornady bullets, except no 22 caliber, and hardly any 30 cal stuff! gun)

Thanks 7!!!! I'm gonna follow bean's advice!!! Keep shooting and cleaning till I break it in!!!!
I agree with you on Ben!!! GREAT WORK!!!!
Part of me wants him to stop posting cuz I should've gone with him!!!! But the rest loves his work!!!! And I guess I will deal with the envy I. Order to see those sweet rigs!!!!!hahhahaha

Mario, we all make mistakes. And hind site is ALWAYS 20-20. I have a few projects that I need to do, and I have a few builds in mind as well. I have no doubt that my work will be going to Texas. I had the pleasure of speaking with Ben and Steve, and I got a very good feeling from our conversation. And when you get to see his work, need I say more. I'm VERY impressed!!:)

Bob, my local shop justly got a huge RL series powder shipment, everything from 10-22. He forgot to get me some 25, but just ordered 6 lbs. Some is for me, and some for a friends 338 LM. He also has a adequate supply of H1000, 4831 etc. But no primers, and very little brass. No H4350, or Varget. ( I use 8208 anyway ).
He also just got a boat load of Hornady bullets, except no 22 caliber, and hardly any 30 cal stuff! gun)
I will PM you re H1000 & H4831sc

So I realize this is for 7stw so I will start with that news.
My buddy just told me his brother is selling his stw. Don't you know I called him immediately. Hope it's a sendero. Now on to the picture

New savage 6.5x 284. First three shotS.... Using HSM ammo. No clue the powder but 140 gr Berger. Funny thing, and I mention it due to the wealth of knowledge here with all you guys, if I shot one cleaned with 8 patches or so and shot again, they came out like the picture. If I shot 3 in a row, 6-8 inch spread.
Interesting. I hope it's due to barrel break in but I guess I will have to see

Mario, I re read your post, which I replied to last nite, and yeah, I do think that the barrel break in IS an issue, but I can't wrap my head around a 6-8 inch spread on a 3 shot string. Does your rifle have the Accu Stock? I am told that they are very torque sensitive. I am not trying to alarm you, as it probably is JUST the barrel break in, and factory ammo, but the HSM ammo is usually about as good as it gets, besides A- Square. You will know better when you put some hand loads through it!

Mario, I re read your post, which I replied to last nite, and yeah, I do think that the barrel break in IS an issue, but I can't wrap my head around a 6-8 inch spread on a 3 shot string. Does your rifle have the Accu Stock? I am told that they are very torque sensitive. I am not trying to alarm you, as it probably is JUST the barrel break in, and factory ammo, but the HSM ammo is usually about as good as it gets, besides A- Square. You will know better when you put some hand loads through it!

I have read about the accustocks and I forgot the problem but I'm sure I can find it. I'll try the free float thing and see if it is ok. I'll tell u, the first shot after cleaning was always right on!!!! It was just the follow up 2 shots that flew.