7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I traded my LSR 300 wsm for a 7mm STW also by LSR. It has a 26 inch varmint contour barrel, 1999 Montana action, mcmillian 40 HTG stock with adjustable check rest, and I am not sure about the rails or bottom metal. I figure it was by long shot rifles so its a great rifle with more power than the 300 wsm. I have plans to get a longer heavier barrel and to dura coat all metal matte black. Right now it's duracoated tan.
Sounds like a great Rig.....Dont know what your Hunting but grab some H-1000 or RL-25,Some Barnes 140 TSX,s and some Federal 215gm,s and Im sure she will be good to go.....Seat you bullets at Mag length (The STW Favors a good bit of jump)Start out on the low end with your powder choice but you will most likely end up in the 81 gr area .......Both the H-1000 and RL-25 work great the 1000 is a bit more temp stable but the 25 is rite there with it with a few moe FPS and some rifles like the 25 better than the 1000 ....Your gonna Love the results of this combo......And if you dont like the Barnes Bullet the 140gr Combined Technology is a proven winner in the STW as well

Sounds like a great Rig.....Dont know what your Hunting but grab some H-1000 or RL-25,Some Barnes 140 TSX,s and some Federal 215gm,s and Im sure she will be good to go.....Seat you bullets at Mag length (The STW Favors a good bit of jump)Start out on the low end with your powder choice but you will most likely end up in the 81 gr area .......Both the H-1000 and RL-25 work great the 1000 is a bit more temp stable but the 25 is rite there with it with a few moe FPS and some rifles like the 25 better than the 1000 ....Your gonna Love the results of this combo......And if you dont like the Barnes Bullet the 140gr Combined Technology is a proven winner in the STW as well

Ditto what my buddy Lee said. My Senderos love the H1000 powder.

I also like 140gr Nosler AccuBonds for whitetails too!

Looking forward to trying the Long Range AccuBonds when they become available.

Ditto on what my Brother Earl said, and my other brother Earl too!:D
And, also, that was an awesome trade, you made out like a fat rat! Feed it right, don't shoot her till you can't touch the barrel, and she'll keep the back of your pick up Bloody!!! Nice trade, you scored big!!!

how do you upload photos? Its different from the classified sections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable with the stw actually shooting contistantly well with the 140 nosler and rl25. I went out tonight again and she drilled another 3/4 moa group at 100 without trying to hard. I still haven't found a 170-175 grain bullet load it likes and I'm starting to doubt the 10" twist will let me shoot that heavy of a pill, even if it is a flat base like the hornady.

My 35 whelen sucked by comparison; I WAS using a bullet she doesn't like to start with and got her hot though. Usually the whelen will stay in the moa range if it uses the 220 speer, but I was playing with the 200 hornady tipped and she barfed all over the paper.

Got a call today that my gun is done!!!!
He said he shot it last week and the primers "popped" sounding like it was over pressure but the smith said that it was due to old ammo and so he bought new ammo and shot it. Said it shot fairly well!! No number on MOA but it sounded funny. Wanted to see if anyone ever heard of such a thing???
But I will be posting some pics tomorrow when I get her and set her down. Put the bipod on and look at it!!! Rose, you still out there????
7STW, butterbean- time to pick your brain for loads on it!!!
I am so excited!!! Except
It's 9pm and 105 degrees out here!!!!!
Gonna make slow shooting!!!

Mario

Got a call today that my gun is done!!!!
He said he shot it last week and the primers "popped" sounding like it was over pressure but the smith said that it was due to old ammo and so he bought new ammo and shot it. Said it shot fairly well!! No number on MOA but it sounded funny. Wanted to see if anyone ever heard of such a thing???
But I will be posting some pics tomorrow when I get her and set her down. Put the bipod on and look at it!!! Rose, you still out there????
7STW, butterbean- time to pick your brain for loads on it!!!
I am so excited!!! Except
It's 9pm and 105 degrees out here!!!!!
Gonna make slow shooting!!!

Mario
Congrats Bud .......I'll be here if you need anything and dont worry about the sounding funny I'll tell you about it

Ok here it is 300's new STW .......Thats one Sweet rig Bud

Attachments

• 300's Rig.jpg
    300's Rig.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 23
Thanks marioq. I am not a fan of the paint job. I am going to have HS precision paint all the metal matte black. I might even get a longer, heavier barrel. I want to squeeze every ounce of potential out of this round. Btw, you have pics of your new rifle? Butterbean thanks for uploading the pics.

waiting for wife to go to sleep and then I have to put the bipod on and I will snap a few and post them up!!!! Yeah the paint job is not my cup of tea but never judge a book by the cover!!!!! As long as she shoots, we can change her clothes any day!!!!!!!
:D

Thanks marioq. I am not a fan of the paint job. I am going to have HS precision paint all the metal matte black. I might even get a longer, heavier barrel. I want to squeeze every ounce of potential out of this round. Btw, you have pics of your new rifle? Butterbean thanks for uploading the pics.

Tell me a little about that barrel that's on it....What's the specs?